Author Topic: Last minute issue  (Read 8289 times)

monohusche

• Team member
    • View Profile
Last minute issue
« on: January 26, 2012, 12:59:57 AM »
Hi there,

started yesterday to build my PreenFM, and everything went smooth until the time the blue top plate was assembled and I connected it to the laptop for the first time. Menu showed ("algo xx"), I could move the encoders, adjust the brightness etc. I then assembled the housing, put the knobs on (quite some pressure required and finished everything.

Unfortunately, now something seems to be broken. If I connect, the LCD kind of backlits (light at top and bottom of the lcd), but there is no text, and the contrast can't be changed either. The light in the middle of the Maple Mini does blink though 5-6 times.

Any idea where to check first ? I am dreading to take the knobs off again and check every connection.

Thx a lot, Nick

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Last minute issue
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

Hi Nick,

The LCD is OK.
The Maple blinks so it is powered...
Can you hear the boot sound ?

I think you don't have any choice. You have to take off the knobs and remove the top plate, the LCD etc... and check the connections.
On my dev board, i put on and off many times the knobs... It's easier each time ;-)
Take the board firmly just bellow the knob you remove and it should be OK.

Could you check the points i colored in the attached schema ?
When trying again the LCD, no need to rebuild the case, just plug quickly the LCD for verification.
Plug the USB after plugging the LCD else the LCD will miss the first initialization command.

Let me know how it goes,

Xavier

[attachment deleted by admin]

monohusche

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
Hi Xavier,

yes, just checked, heard the boot sound, will check the connections now that you indicated

thx a lot,  nick

monohusche

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
alright, I think, I found one dead connection, but maybe, I didn't adjust the contrast correctly.

now everything is fine, and I can check it out :-)

thx nick

monohusche

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
just checked out the firmware section (ooops, have to open the case again :-). but realised, that this seems to be working only for windows ? Is there a way to apply the firmware using OSX ?

Nick

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:51:55 PM »

Great... i'm glad it works...  :D

To upgrade the firmware you only have to screw off the 2 screws that links the top part to the rest of the box.
That's enough to reach the maple mini usb port.
Should take you 30 seconds ;-)

It should work with OSX (i've nver tried with a Mac but i do it everyday with Linux).
You must have dfu-util installed.

Follow the upgrade procedure but instead of running the *.cmd file,  run directly the command line :
dfu-util -a1 -d 0x1EAF:0x0003 -D PreenFM_R3_v1.51.bin -R

Xavier