Author Topic: One more PFM (midi trouble though [fixed in 1.70])  (Read 6919 times)

mimhakkuh

  • Team member
  • *
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 12:26:59 AM »
Alright - i'll have a comparison with another soundcard tomorrow - by the time it seems most likely that this is an issue of the motu mk3 ;(

Best, Felix

mimhakkuh

  • Team member
  • *
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »
So - i tried the preen on the midi ports of an edirol ua-25 and this works all fine. So after all the buggy midi is the mk3's fault; shame on motu! I guess ill try a dedicated usb to midi box, this should work after all.

Xavier

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1295
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 08:41:38 PM »

Good news  :D
Thanks for the update.

Xavier

rasmus

  • Team member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 03:17:02 AM »
Hi Xavier,
i just finished building my PFM, every thing seems to work perfectly, but i'm experiencing the same issues Felix described.
Getting stuck notes playing it directly from my Ensoniq ESQ-1, inserting the Mutable Instruments MIDIPal into the chain doesn't fix it neither. If i hold down a chord all i hear is one note that is stuck, i can then play a second note over it or stack 3 more stuck notes above it, so it does play polyphonic but only notes that are stuck. Notes only stuck if the second note is released earlier than the first, if the first note is released first it just decays as it should, but the second won't be heard anyways.

So far the PFM seems a lot of fun if we can fix this i'm shure it'll get a lot of use  :)

Best,
Hannes

Xavier

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1295
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 02:25:59 PM »
Hi Hannes,

Edited :
Could you try to upgrade to beta firmware 1.62.b3 first... Hopefully it will fix your problem.
http://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=21.0

If it still fails, please install the Debug OS D4
http://xhosxe.free.fr/PreenFM/firmware/DEBUG/
And let me know what you see on you lcd.

Xavier
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:11:47 AM by Xavier »

Xavier

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1295
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 08:12:46 AM »
Above message heavily edited to prevent you useless tests i suggested first.

Xavier

rasmus

  • Team member
  • *
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »
Thanks for the quick fix! Works perfectly now  8)

Xavier

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1295
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
Thanks for the quick fix! Works perfectly now  8)

This is good news.  :)
It was quick for you, but i had the first report of this kind 2 months ago.
I should have read more carefully the midi specification...

Anyway, it's fixed now....

Xavier

mimhakkuh

  • Team member
  • *
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though)
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2012, 06:08:40 PM »
So - i tried the preen on the midi ports of an edirol ua-25 and this works all fine. So after all the buggy midi is the mk3's fault; shame on motu! I guess ill try a dedicated usb to midi box, this should work after all.

Here's a small update on this issue - motu released an update on the universal audio installer including the firewire and usb midi drivers (Version: 1.6.52865). It seems like they have fixed the midi/snowleopard issue - Preen works now fine directly connected to the mk3 :)

Xavier

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1295
    • View Profile
Re: One more PFM (midi trouble though [fixed in 1.70])
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 10:49:54 PM »
Great.. thanks for the update...
Are you sure it was really a motu's bug and not the one i fixed in 1.70  ;)