Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 13168 times)

kurodama

• Team member
    • View Profile
Hi there
« on: October 01, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »
I thought I'd just register to this forums to be in a better position to annoy Xavier about the Preen v2  ;)
I see that this forum needs some anti-spam and some mods...
but still, hello everybody, after having been sucked into the DIY universe by Mutable Instruments I'm really looking forward to building me a Preen2!
As a little introduction, I work as a graphic designer, doing a lot of work on eurorack panels (the aforementioned Mutable Instrument, Hexinverter.net, Microbe) and like to explore the borders between noise and harmony with my band kvsu

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »

Hi,

And thanks for your message.  :)

Yes this forum need a better anti spam. I have to check if there are new better ones than the one i installed 2 years ago.

The current PreenFM2 status is that i'm waiting for the hopefully last version of the PCB prototypes.
It was unforunately lost between China and France during 3 weeks.
I received an email last sunday saying the PCBs have been returned.. I should receive them by DHL quickly.

Except that, i'm preparing the little component bags for the kits and still have to setup a web site, some presets and some demos.

Cheers,

Xavier

ByteFrenzy

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:02:54 AM »
When the forum is back up to speed - and I have no doubt that will happen once V2 is cleared for launch - you could check out the 'gatekeeper' setup that is used on the MI forum. Instead of having new membership applications judged only by an automated script (which rarely goes far beyond evaluating a captcha response) there are real live people who judge an applicant's response to the question why he wants to become a member of the forum. It's very rare that somebody or something slips by them and it's a source of great joy and fulfilment for the gatekeepers as well...

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 06:52:09 PM »

Thanks for the info.
Will give a look at the different solutions later..
It will be required, seems like there's more and more Spams.

Xavier

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »

Forum Upgraded to 2.0.5 (security fixes)
Security checks added when new users register.

If someone can create a new user and let me know how it goes, that would be nice :)

And we'll see if that filter more spams.

Thanks,

Xavier

kurodama

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:54 AM »
Forum looks a lot better now! great work!
now looking forward to the Preen 2

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »

Yes, not a single SPAM since this upgrade  :D

Xavier