PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

PCB Only/BOM problem reports

<< < (2/7) > >>

Xavier:

Ah OK !
I just understood. You don't have a LCD at all....
I thought you didn't have it working. Glad you got some sonds  ;)

The first PCB prototypes i had was exactly as you suggestion describe.... It was not very "elegant".
I changed because cheap 30cm USB cables are not that easy to find and it took a lot of space in the case.

flocked:
Ah okay. I see :)

I can't wait to get the display. I want to play with it! :D I ordered the black/white from your suggested site.

At first I wanted to order a oled display. This needs a custom display init code. You would only need to change a few lines for it. Else it's hd44770 compatible.  Just in case someone is wondering.

Another thing: I personally prefer midi jacks that are soldered directly to the pcb. This minimize the need of cables and work and allows to use the synth without case. It also looks cleaner to me. I checked the pcb and there should be enough room for through hole jacks. :)

Oh and you mentioned on facebook that I could order the case on ponoko/formulor. How? :)

Xavier:

--- Quote from: flocked on November 22, 2013, 09:00:11 PM ---At first I wanted to order a oled display. This needs a custom display init code. You would only need to change a few lines for it. Else it's hd44770 compatible.  Just in case someone is wondering.

--- End quote ---

Where did you read that ?
All HD44770 display are compatible. I have a PreenFM1 with an OLED display and it does not require any code change at all.
The only change is that it's a bit smaller and need to modify the case around it.

--- Quote from: flocked on November 22, 2013, 09:00:11 PM ---Another thing: I personally prefer midi jacks that are soldered directly to the pcb. This minimize the need of cables and work and allows to use the synth without case. It also looks cleaner to me. I checked the pcb and there should be enough room for through hole jacks. :)

--- End quote ---

I also much prefer midi jacks on PCB. But with the display connection, it was not possible to have them close to the PCB border.

--- Quote from: flocked on November 22, 2013, 09:00:11 PM ---Oh and you mentioned on facebook that I could order the case on ponoko/formulor. How? :)

--- End quote ---

Go to the download page: http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/download/
Donwload the PreenFM2 svg file and install Inkscape on your computer.
If you want the whole case in the same color, you can use my svg file directly.
Else you'll have to play with inkscape and the templates downloadable from ponoko.
Create an account upload your file.
Material : Chose Acrylic GS, 3mm. Any color ;-)

Xavier

Xavier:

--- Quote from: Xavier on November 22, 2013, 10:09:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: flocked on November 22, 2013, 09:00:11 PM ---At first I wanted to order a oled display. This needs a custom display init code. You would only need to change a few lines for it. Else it's hd44770 compatible.  Just in case someone is wondering.

--- End quote ---

Where did you read that ?
All HD44770 display are compatible. I have a PreenFM1 with an OLED display and it does not require any code change at all.
The only change is that it's a bit smaller and need to modify the case around it.

--- End quote ---

Now i'm really interested in more information about this boot difference. OLED does not work with PreenFM2.
Could save me some time tomorrow when i try to fix that.

Thanks

Altitude:
I guess a better question is what's the difference between the preen 1 and 2 display drivers.. 1 worked without a hitch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version