PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

[Fixed] New Build, buttons do not work

<< < (2/2)

Mmarsh:
I *thought* I checked it correctly and it did bounce as you described, but when I just double checked the non-pressed voltage is essentially zero. When pressed it does go to ground (all zeroes on the meter)

Xavier:

--- Quote from: Mmarsh on December 11, 2013, 09:00:25 PM ---I *thought* I checked it correctly and it did bounce as you described, but when I just double checked the non-pressed voltage is essentially zero. When pressed it does go to ground (all zeroes on the meter)

--- End quote ---

Is this low voltage the same for the other non-pressed buttons ?
Should be 3.3V when the button is non-pressed.

If the engine button is the only one, unpower the PreenFM2 and check the two button pins are not shortcut when the button is not pressed.
And that it is shorted when the button is pressed.

Xavier

Mmarsh:
:))) Success! I redid the solder joints on the resistor network and the buttons all now work.  The clue (apart from Xavier's help) was that the button would *sometimes* show 3.3v if I pressed the probe on the meter the right way. That meant a bad joint.  It was also happening on the third button.  All fixed, will reassemble and play!

Thanks all who helped!

Mike

RyuX:
Good to hear that bro !! Have fun..

i already thought it was a bad solder joint, happens sometimes in the heat of the moment  8)

Greets

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version