PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

specs info

(1/1)

plup:
How much precision are the Freq FTun values? (in steps or bits) and wich value range?
Is it possible take FTun to negative values?
Could 2nd operator set to 0.5 ratio? The web manual shows values from 1, to 4.00 and etc.

Is it possible to take negative travel of LFOs to get Ramp Down sawtooth ?

Is it necessary  re-trigger the note to hear the op. amount increments?

thanks

Xavier:
Thanks for the feedback and questions, that will allow me to update the documentation.

--- Quote from: plup on December 11, 2013, 04:42:28 PM ---How much precision are the Freq FTun values? (in steps or bits) and wich value range?
Is it possible take FTun to negative values?

--- End quote ---

Possible values are from -1.0 to 1.0 which correspond to a frequency variation of -5% to 5%.

--- Quote from: plup on December 11, 2013, 04:42:28 PM ---Could 2nd operator set to 0.5 ratio? The web manual shows values from 1, to 4.00 and etc.

--- End quote ---

The manual is not clear an only give examples (i'll change that).
Possible frequency values for all 6 operators are from 0.00 to 16.00 with a step of 1/12 (= 0.0833) to allow decimal values such as 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4.

--- Quote from: plup on December 11, 2013, 04:42:28 PM ---Is it possible to take negative travel of LFOs to get Ramp Down sawtooth ?

--- End quote ---

All LFO oscillator oscillate between -1.0 and +1.0.
Which can be moved with the Bias parameter to (-2, 0) by setting the bias to -1.

--- Quote from: plup on December 11, 2013, 04:42:28 PM ---Is it necessary  re-trigger the note to hear the op. amount increments?

--- End quote ---

I"m not sure i anderstand this question.
I assume you're talking about the modulation index, which is the amount of modulation of an oscillator by another.
They can be modify realtime during a sound, which is the base of interesting sounds ;-)

Xavier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version