Author Topic: Panning, Volume and some other things  (Read 8726 times)

shiftr

• Team member
    • View Profile
Panning, Volume and some other things
« on: December 30, 2013, 11:33:15 PM »
After some hours of fiddling i have some questions about a few things...

By the way i'm on (beta) firmware 0.9mo

1. Panning .. The panning doesn't seem to go hard left and hard right but only a little bit left and right. Is this by design?

2. The volume pot controls the volume digitally. But the pot is linear and so is the volume software volume control. Shouldn't there be a log curve in this.

3. When the volume is very soft you can clearly hear but reduction effects... And i love it!!! can we have a bit cruncher effect in there? Would be great if it could be set per operator.

shiftr

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Panning, Volume and some other things
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:48:57 PM »
oh and another really strange thing is that i'm always editing the parameters of all 4 instruments at once.....

shiftr

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:56:51 PM »
oh last thing had to do with usb midi in out setting. I was maybe controlling the parameters of instrument 1 via a loop in my computer (?).

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:03:24 AM »

1. Yes by design, but i may change that.
2. I have no control on this. The pot directly change all the DACs reference voltage. It's not digital.
3. Yes we can hear something strange at low level when we turn up the headphone amp up. Not sure what it is. MCP4922 DAC effect ?

oh and another really strange thing is that i'm always editing the parameters of all 4 instruments at once.....

All instrument at once ? Someone already reported this...  And i don't know at all how this can happen.
Do you have midi Thru enable on the PreenFM ? Can that be a midi loop between your sequencer and the PreenFM ?
Do your 4 instrumens listen to different midi channel ?

Let me know if you have more information,

Xavier

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 12:06:57 AM »
oh last thing had to do with usb midi in out setting. I was maybe controlling the parameters of instrument 1 via a loop in my computer (?).

Is your instrument 1 listening to ALL midi channel ?

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 12:07:50 AM »

Is your instrument 1 listening to ALL midi channel ?

Or maybe your sequencer redirected all channel to channel 1.

shiftr

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 11:11:32 AM »
I think the last .. redirecting everything on channel 1.... I was using ableton live.

Could you please make the panning go hard left and right? Gives a lot of extra possibilities. Like having 2 mono instruments on different mixer channels for example.

Shouldn't the pot be a log pot then? Even better would be to use a stereo pot directly on the outputs.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:13:17 AM by shiftr »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 02:26:24 PM »
Could you please make the panning go hard left and right? Gives a lot of extra possibilities. Like having 2 mono instruments on different mixer channels for example.

Yes, that what i'll do.

Shouldn't the pot be a log pot then? Even better would be to use a stereo pot directly on the outputs.

Yes the solution i chose for the volume is not the best one.
I searched but I haven't found a cheap easy to find stereo pot... do you know one ?

Xavier