Author Topic: OUT OF TUNE? PLEASE HELP  (Read 66 times)

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
OUT OF TUNE? PLEASE HELP
« on: November 18, 2019, 04:54:28 PM »
Something weird happened... So last night I upgraded from 2.09 to new 2.10 filter firmware and all that and then put some new filters and waveforms in etc.. Anyways all was working fine but just a moment ago I started noticing that something was off and some of my keys going out of tune on my keystep midi controller. Like the E key would say D on tuner for a bit then change back or I'll hit a D and then an octave D and they wouldn't sound right at all etc.. Very odd. So I rebooted the system and went right back to the sound i was using and it's back to normal now? Has this happened before to anyone else?

I don't know if it's the new filter firmware I put on and last night with an issue even though i wasn't using any filters, just scrolling through syx files I put on it or maybe just a fluke?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:31:41 PM by Brockstar »

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: OUT OF TUNE?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 06:53:54 PM »
Hmm it's doing it again. I didn't have any of this problem before all day saturday or yesterday before I updated to 2.10. I wonder if it's that latest filter firmware doing it.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 06:58:25 PM »
I went back to the original normal 2.10 firmware just now without the extra filters, so im going to see if it does it after awhile. Will post back if it does or doesn't after using it for a bit.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 01:41:50 AM »
Ok on further inspection I am quite positive it's this p2_fltrs_0111o.bin firmware that is going out of tune after 2hrs or more of play time or just being on. This is the 3rd time it has happened today with this one installed. I went back to the normal 2.10 firmware by Xavier and played it fine for 3 hrs and no issues... Also it only seems to go out of tune with the p2_fltrs_0111o firmware when you use more than 3 voices but that's after 2 hrs or more of play time.... if it goes out and you shut it down and turn it back on, it works fine with any amount of voices until 2 hrs or so hits and then it goes out when you use more than 3 voices for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:45:03 AM by Brockstar »

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 04:55:08 PM »
Ok on further investigation, I now believe it's not the p2_fltrs_0111o.bin firmware either. I put the normal 2.10 from Xavier back on it last night, fired it up this morning and ran into the problem as well..... So still 3 voices or less is fine, but if I use more than 3 voices on some patches, they are out of tune. Is this something natural that happens with .syx files? It comes and goes, one minute the "D" note is sharp, the next it's normal or the key is displaying the wrong note and I see this on my tuner etc.. Kinda odd a digital synth going out of tune, so is it something with the sampling that's going on or what? And even weird that it only does it when you use more than 3 voices and only on some .syx files.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 05:35:36 PM by Brockstar »

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 05:15:42 PM »
I'm really starting to wonder if something is wrong with 2.10 firmware in general. When I got this saturday, it had 2.09 on it and I played it all day without noticing any tuning issues, but i was only messing with sounds that were on it from the bank section and never loaded any .syx files until sunday i think, so it's really hard to pinpoint what is going on but i wish someone would help me figure this out, it's driving me nuts.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 05:29:47 PM »
Another quick thing to note is when a note is out of tune and as soon as you change the voice knob it pops right back in tune sometimes.... so apparently something to do with voice knob maybe?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 05:55:17 PM by Brockstar »

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 06:11:36 PM »
Ok while I was talking to a friend, he suggest I go back to 2.09 firmware (dang it i should have done this earlier) and check it and the .syx patches that were out of tune on the new 2.10 and 2.10 filter firmware made by someone else, are now in tune and not going out... So 2.10 has something wrong with it. I'm gonna keep playing 2.09 for a bit and make sure I don't jump the gun and will let it stay on and play it off and on throughout the day and see if anything changes.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: OUT OF TUNE? PLEASE HELP
« Reply #8 on: Today at 01:44:07 AM »
I ran in a few problems with 2.09 as well on certain patches with voices higher than 3... but once lowered to 3 or less, the tuning was normal. I don't understand why but from all the testings I think the firmwares are fine. Really odd too, the patches I run across that has a issue, if i unplug usb and plug back in, go back to that sound and it's normal and tuned in normal... ODD! Seems to only do it after the unit has been on for some time.

Like for example, im testing out .syx files and i run across one where a key will be out of tune, if i lower that voice to 3 or below it goes back into tune or if i turn the unit off and back on it goes back into tune... Can someone please tell me why? Doesn't make sense at all.

Seems like I get a lot of views by people seeing my post but no help :(
« Last Edit: Today at 01:47:34 AM by Brockstar »

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Today at 03:08:05 AM »
Can powering it with USB cause issues like this? I don't have a proper adapter for it so just been powering it with USB. I wouldn't think so?

matrix12x

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Today at 04:10:19 AM »
I don't think this is the USB power.

Can you post a sample patch you this happens with? What algorithms are the patches using that demonstrate this issue?

Are all the notes being played on the same channel. For example, does it happen if you play 3 or more notes on channel 1, and if you play two notes on channel 1 and one note on channel 2.

Does this happen if you use a computer sequencer like Logic?