PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Possible arpeggiator modes/directions

(1/3) > >>

pld:
Howdy all,

so while porting the 'chord' mode from MIDIpal yesterday I was playing around with these, but I'm not sure how useful they are since I'm coming at this mostly from a code point of view :)
I forget if these have a well-defined name, so if they do let me know...

1. cycle
Played notes: C-E-G
Result (up): C-E-G E-G-C G-C-E repeat...

2. cycle with octave (supercycle?)
Played notes: C1-E1-G1
Result (up): C1-E1-G1 E1-G1-C2 G1-C2-E2 repeat...

If that makes sense :)
They seemed to work for Down, U&D, and with the regular octave parameter as well.

Downside: an explosion of "Dire" entries if I add "UpCy", "DnCy", UDCy", "UpSc", "DnSc", "UDSc".
So during my morning commute I thought about just adding "Cycl", with a separate sub-page for editing, e.g. [ Dire (up,down,u&d), Octv (yes/no) ]
The "arp step sequencer" as suggested in the firmware thread is something I need to give some thought, but now that I'm thinking about it  :) it might provide similar effect if it has some kind of "offset" parameter as well. Hm...

Suggestions welcome :)

martindunne:
sounds amazing, cant wait

Xavier:

--- Quote from: pld on April 28, 2014, 11:06:45 AM ---Downside: an explosion of "Dire" entries if I add "UpCy", "DnCy", UDCy", "UpSc", "DnSc", "UDSc".
So during my morning commute I thought about just adding "Cycl", with a separate sub-page for editing, e.g. [ Dire (up,down,u&d), Octv (yes/no) ]

--- End quote ---

I have to try it before really understanding but that look very interesting....  :)
I don't understand what Sc is in ""UpSc", "DnSc", "UDSc".

Please no aditional sub-page, specialy in the engine menu which is already busy.
Adding direction entries is OK.
I'm currently working on the plugin, and i have to stabilize the number of parameters. Extending an existing parameter is easy.

pld:

--- Quote from: Xavier on April 28, 2014, 06:34:28 PM ---I don't understand what Sc is in ""UpSc", "DnSc", "UDSc".

--- End quote ---
Supercycle. I'm open to better names ;) Maybe UpCo (Cycle octave?) The normal 'octave' setting works on top of that so it should go up seamlessly.
If I have time I can try and record a test later.

--- Quote ---Please no aditional sub-page, specialy in the engine menu which is already busy.

--- End quote ---
Doh! Coming home I had a whole plan for the "arp step sequencer" combined with the cycles, but that would be 1 control row + 2 if enabled  :P
I agree that the engine menu is getting a bit overloaded... but where else?

Xavier:

--- Quote from: pld on April 28, 2014, 07:09:58 PM ---Supercycle. I'm open to better names ;) Maybe UpCo (Cycle octave?) The normal 'octave' setting works on top of that so it should go up seamlessly.
If I have time I can try and record a test later.

--- End quote ---

I don't get how Supercycle is different from Cycle with octave >=2.

--- Quote from: pld on April 28, 2014, 07:09:58 PM ---
--- Quote ---Please no aditional sub-page, specialy in the engine menu which is already busy.

--- End quote ---
Doh! Coming home I had a whole plan for the "arp step sequencer" combined with the cycles, but that would be 1 control row + 2 if enabled  :P
I agree that the engine menu is getting a bit overloaded... but where else?

--- End quote ---

Sound interesting...
Where else ? I don't know. We may hide them by default and activate them in the setting... I'd like not to have 20 rows in engine menu when new users turn on their preenfm for the first time.
Anyway those new rows won't be in 1.00.  But that must not prevent you from coding it ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version