Author Topic: Built a new one :)  (Read 6686 times)

Mmarsh

• Team member
    • View Profile
Built a new one :)
« on: June 23, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
Built the latest version Preen with metal case. Build was easy, the case comes together nicely. It sounds wonderful, maybe a little better than the original FM2? Smoother?

One issue: I can't get MIDI in to work through the DIN connector. USB works very well, nothing through MIDI DIN. I switched the opto coupler and OpAmp originally, so I also tried another coupler (the one from my other Preen) with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

tIB

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Built a new one :)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:27:28 PM »
Im sure you have checked this already but its worth mentioning that the midi in and out are the opposite way around to that of the plastic case- ie the panel legend for in is wired to out if you follow the build thread. You tried plugging into the other one?

Mmarsh

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 12:14:59 AM »
I think I did at one point because the labels on the headers were confusing.  But I didn't with the new optocoupler.  Good call, I'll try it again tonight...

Mmarsh

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
No joy. Xavier, can you post a diagram of the wiring from the MIDI DIN connectors to the headers on the board?  I'm not sure I could really see that from the pictures in the manual...

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »
Hi Mike,

Here is a quick picture i just made.
Let me know if that helps.

If you can take picture of both your jack and PCB with the header and a close view of the area around the optocoupler.
A wrong diode direction would also prevent the Midi in to work.

Xavier

Mmarsh

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 10:38:10 PM »
Perfect Xavier, thanks! I will check the diode and double check all components tonight.