Author Topic: [Solved in 1.04] Clarifing modulation indexes?  (Read 5115 times)

thhmas

• Team member
    • View Profile
[Solved in 1.04] Clarifing modulation indexes?
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »
Hi,

I really love the sound of my Preen, and also love the really userfriendly interface. However, one thing bugs me from time to time - finding out which modulation parameter (IMx) connects which pair of operators. Most of the time it is not such a big deal, and I can see that there is a hierarchy for naming the parameters, but sometimes I get confused, and either have to think things through a bit or set some of the parameters to zero in order to find out which parameter belongs to which operator pair. No big deal really, but it sort of interupts my work flow a bit. (Perhaps it is just me...?)

Right now I have a printout of the operator pdf in front of me when programming the Preen, but shouldn't there be some other way of doing this internally in the Preen? For instance, one could through some nifty button combo replace the third row in the mod param menu (IM1 v IM2 v) with something like "OP3->Op1 OP4->OP2". Or some better procedure which I haven't thought of.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:14:35 PM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Clarifing modulation indexes?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.  :)
Yes there is a hierarchy that you'll find in (almost) all the algos. Lower IM level from left to right then, than level above from left to right.
Also at any moment you can press "Engine + Menu" to see the schema of the current algo.
But you seem to have already noticed that.

And i agree, a list of all "IM1: Op3->Op2" for all IM is a very good idea.
I'll add that when i have time. (I'm currently in vacation  ;) )

Xavier

thhmas

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Clarifing modulation indexes?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
Great!