Author Topic: Adding a powerswitch  (Read 3932 times)

Holyver

• Team member
    • View Profile
Adding a powerswitch
« on: July 11, 2014, 11:12:05 AM »
[Edited by Xavier: Split from another thread]
[Edited by Holyver: Copied some text from the original thread to make it clearer]

I wanted to include a powerswitch, and I found out that you can fit a small SPDT-toggle in the left side panel without drilling any extra holes. Just use the hole from the preen logo, and make sure to cut the legs from the tactile switches underneath it to avoid causing any short circuits by the body of the switch.

While taking the pictures, I remembered something else. The spacers for the display are a too short to get the display aligned with the top of the case, so i put small pieces of tubing I had lying around as extra spacers. But maybe the display is supposed to be tilted in the plexi case? Probably just a matter of personal preference anyway.
For the wiring, the indicated length for the MIDI-socket-wires seemed a bit short (especially the shorter one, i think), which caused the cables to come off the pins on the PCB's. I think 1 cm extra would be safer.

(To be clear: these remarks are really not meant to whine, but are intended as little tips for future builders)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:53:00 PM by Holyver »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a powerswitch
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »

Really nice pictures.... Thanks  :)

Nystagmus

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Adding a powerswitch
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
Thanks for the tip! I followed this guide, and fitted the exact same powerswitch. Since I only use usb power at the moment,  I connected the switch to the Jmp2 instead of Jmp1. Was that correct?