Author Topic: Last firmware 1.06  (Read 16447 times)

Mesmerised

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Last firmware 1.05 : randomizer
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »
Yes, Randomizer is great! Excellent results so far!  :)

thhmas

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »
Ok, so I am basically in love with the randomizer - I have created a number of useful patches without "polishing" the randomizer output at all :)

However, one small issue. If I just confirm my degrees of randomization by pressing button nbr 7, the screen says "Done", but no random patch is generated! However, if I press any of the buttons 1-5, and then 7, I get a random patch. This is slightly weird, isn't it?

martindunne

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 10:41:01 AM »
hello there it is awsome. you configure the randomiser with p1- p4 then randomise with any one of the buttons on the left then confirm with button 7 so you can edit further.

thhmas

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
Ah, ok. So I guess I thought you were setting your randomizer values with p1-p4, and then had to press button 7 to generate the  randomized instrument. I just misunderstood the procedure.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 06:10:19 PM »

thhmas, i see what you mean.
Button 7 shouldn't do go to "Done" state before any randomization is done.
Or it should display something like "No randomization. Use left buttons to randomize." instead of "Done" if no randomization was processed.

tIB

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 11:10:31 AM »

Thanks, i'm glad you like it. I like it too  :)
The idea of a modular randomizer like this was not from me... someone suggested it in the discussion thread some time ago in this forum. So thank you all  :)

Nicely done, think that was me and was a rip off from the MB6582 way of doing things. Great to see more developments, I've moved on my preen but will hopefully be back at some point in the future to try out the news things!

funkyfli

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »
Hi Xavier,
  while having some free time and some fun with the preenfm2, I have a few questions...
1.  When playing a polyphonic patch, lifting one note triggers the release of the filter which affects all notes. (I'm guessing there is one filter for all notes.)  Would holding on sustain until the last note be better?  I'm not sure.
2.  The Matrix ranges from -10 to 10.  The IMs and frequency go the full range, but the pan, mix and filter only range from +-1.  Is there a list of the effective ranges?  Is everything else +-1?
3.  The Matrix negative values seem to flip the polarity of the sources.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with the filter.  Is this possible?
4.  I've noticed there are a couple of duplicate algorithms.  7 and 12, 8 and 15.  Is there a reason behind this?

I'll share some patches soon.  Likely in installments.
Thanks!,
  Martin.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »
Hi Martin,

1. Yes.. I think that's what we call paraphonique.
    You feed the filter frequency with one of the free enveloppe ?
    I agree it would be better to wait for the last note to finish... Not sure it's easily doable. I'll have look.

2. I think the general rule is that cannot go higher or lower than what is authorized directly in the UI.

3. What would you expect exactly with the filter. I'm not sure i understand.

4. Algo 1 to 9 comes from the preenfm. And greater than 10 from the DX7 for patch compatibility. So there maybe some duplicate..

Looking forward for you patches :)

Xavier

funkyfli

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 07:34:22 AM »
1. Yes.  I'm applying a free envelope to the filter.  So, all notes share the mod matrix including 'note number'? I guess that would be paraphonique.  :)

3. Maybe this is more of an envelope issue?  I haven't thoroughly tested it...  Ideally, if you assign an envelope with positive modulation to the filter, the envelope starts at the cut off frequency and rises up in frequency in the attack etc. If you assign negative modulation, the envelope starts at the cut off frequency and drops down in the attack etc.

4. Ahhh...  that makes sense.

thanks,
  Martin.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 09:50:27 AM »

3. Ah OK.. Cannot try right now but this should work. You should be able to move down the cutoff frequency with the envloppe when using a negative matrix multiplier.

Xavier

teevee

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Last firmware 1.06
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »
Any updates to look forward to?   ;)