My name is Clément, I'm from France but relocated for a few years in Brussels.
I put my PreenFM2 (got the metal box kit) yesterday and could not stop playing with it since! I can not say how much I am pleased and impressed by everything. The design of the case if wonderful it's amazing to have such a nice piece of equipment kinda half DIY. The sound is great, the navigation easy and the program on the computer makes it even easier to create sounds, even for a total FM noob like me
Since I completely fell in love after such a short time of using it, I also have to report something that is bugging me, and I haven't seen this problem reported so far…
I have a high frequency parasite, kinda like this more or less 15kHz old TVs were producing. It's not that loud, be enough to drive me crazy and not to use it on stage.
I tried all kinds of plugging, with & without USB, power adapter, and even a 9V battery, so I'm 99% sure it comes from the PreenFM.
It's here always at the same volume wether I turn the Vol knob up or down, so I would guess it's not exactly on the signal path, but more in the Ground?
Has anyone experienced this? Any idea what could be the source of this parasite?
And here's a picture of my build, just for the pleasure