PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Some questions about preenfm2

(1/1)

NineFourtyFive:
Hello everyone I am a soon to be future owner of the preenfm2, I am really excited about getting this fm synth the features on it sound absolutely amazing and the fact you build it you self just BLOWS MY MIND! And the fact that the software/hardware is open source just really make me wanna try some crazy shit with this thing. I have a few questions about this before I buy this Does anyone know how many oscillator waveform's there are on the preenfm2? I can really find a specification sheet anywhere really on the website! Also how many filter types are there and are the oscillators and filter modable? thanks!

clément:
Check chapter 2 of the manual ;)
In FM Synthesis, you often refer to an oscillator as "operator".

--- Quote ---Shape :
This define the waveform that the oscillator is creating. Pure FM snthesis only use sin waveform.
PreenFM even propose a noise (rand) waveform very usefull to create percussive attack or to add noise to your sound.

You can chose for each operator independently between sin, saw, square, noise and 3 sinus variations.
--- End quote ---

And the line just above this one answers your other question:

--- Quote ---The available filters are (in firmware 1.04) : Low pass 2nd order, High pass, Bass boost, Band Pass and crusher.
--- End quote ---

Be aware that there is only one filter, you won't trigger a filter per voice, each time you play a key the envelop of the filter will trigger with all the sound getting through it.

The code of PreenFM2 is available so you can definitely mod anything you want if you have the skills.

NineFourtyFive:
thank you so much wil order very very soon! this community seems very excellent if i do say so myself :D

So I am new to soldering what is the difficultly soldering pieces to a pcb board? i am going to get practice kit first i think just to see if i can do it or not

Xavier:
Thanks Clément for replying.  :)
NineFourtyFive, yes, the manual is here:
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/synth-edit-mode/
Navigate through the other parts of the "manual" menu to find information in other areas of the preenfm2.
And let me know if you find some missing information.

Several people built the preenfm2 as their first build, and it worked.
As you said, you should start soldering a simple kit first though.

Xavier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version