Author Topic: pfm2 : 2.20  (Read 65678 times)

baxgas

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: pfm2 : 2.20
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2020, 05:49:18 PM »
Hi Xavier!

Thanks for this great project, and glad to see it is improving also, now with preenfm3! :-)

Is it possible to have a per-channel Mixer setting also for the preenfm2, where the volume/pan settings can be made globally for the selected Channel, and not per Operator? As for the pan setting, it could hard-pan the Channel making it easier to make a Left-Right Audio Out split to two mono channels. And it should stay globally, so the newly loaded sounds don't change it.
As there are 4 knobs, there could be a place also for some other Performance settings, maybe the MIDI channel, and also for some select CC-number (just quick ideas, maybe there could be some even more meaningful settings)

Bests,
Gas

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2020, 07:30:31 PM »
would you have interest in reducing polyphony and adding more sound shaping stuff like maybe a master effects section with filters and distortions etc maybe a comb delay...   i think enough people use preenfm2 as a bass synth...  if it were a mono synth per part that would shave off a lot of cpu at least.  i mean i mostly use mine as a mono synth with 4 layers.

another great feature would be to allow unison + detune + spread.  this could make the preenfm2 into a big fuzzy bulldozer!  and with a master effect like distortion etc. look out!

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2020, 09:42:20 PM »
Is it possible to have a per-channel Mixer setting also for the preenfm2, where the volume/pan settings can be made globally for the selected Channel, and not per Operator? As for the pan setting, it could hard-pan the Channel making it easier to make a Left-Right Audio Out split to two mono channels. And it should stay globally, so the newly loaded sounds don't change it.

The preenfm2 respond to midi CC10 to pan an instrument. It's not reset when you load a new preset.

I don't have plan to add a mixer section, as the preenfm2 really works per instrument.
But adding a shortcut (button + enoder) to modify the panning should be easy.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:48:19 PM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2020, 09:32:12 AM »
Unison discussion has been moved to its own thread :
http://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=69726.0