PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

pfm2 with yellow OLED : high frequency solution

<< < (2/11) > >>

Đorđe Golubović:
Yes, I did cut the pin from oled. I forgot to say most important thing, that I did all modifications :D

I was comparing (by naked ear) first only with shield, and after that shield+resistor+modified oled pcb. It was silly to compare it, because it is impossible for me to determine volume of sound of such high frequency by ear...
What I wanted to say is that I was pleased with results even when using only shield. (but did all of the modifications nonetheless)

Anyway, after playing with it for a few hours, I can confirm that I can no longer hear high pitched sine through my speakers, but I can hear it from preenfm2 box (I have moved box 3 meters away from speakers to be sure).
This is what clement mentioned in other thread, probably coil oscillating.

As high-pitched noise is practically eliminated in signal, I am no longer motivated to try a steel shield. :)

Thanks,
Djordje

Xavier:
From my experience, with the shield only I could decrease the parasite by 10dB at best.
With the full modification i achieved a 35dB improvement.

You can check easily check with voxengo SPAN.
You should place your shield with SPAN active because a 3mm position move can easily lead to a difference of 6dB or more.

Xavier

clément:
I gave it a shot and the results seem to be great indeed, thanks Xavier! :)

Đorđe Golubović:
Tested in rehearsal studio situation (finally), works perfectly, no high-pitched noise here. I've turned the mixer volume as high as it goes, to the point where I hear (relatively) loud white noise, and there is no ~15kHz peak.

I haven't yet come to measuring it with real tools, but I am perfectly satisfied with this, as it can be used in live situation, as far as me and my people are concerned.

Thanks again,
Djordje

solipsvs:
could it be that i dont have the same issue for some reason?  i have the yellow OLED too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version