Author Topic: Communication PreenFM2 and VST DEXED  (Read 4860 times)

rofilm

• Team member
    • View Profile
Communication PreenFM2 and VST DEXED
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:07:39 PM »
Hello!
I am producing an online workshop about the DX7, FM/PM synthesis and actual software- and hardware FM synths. Does anybody know, whether PreenFM2 can interchange syx files or single presets with the freeware DX7 clone and file mamager DEXED? I know, PreenFX2 has its own software for interchanging data and tweaking presets, but a part of the workshop deals with DEXED as well. Therefore I´d like to know.
With some more information about preenFX2 I could include this hardware synth into my workshop as well.
Thank you and
have a great day and a good time!
Rolf

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Communication PreenFM2 and VST DEXED
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:58:36 PM »

Hi Rolf,

The preenfm2 is totally different from the DX7.
I added a late feature which was to try to read the 32 presets DX7 sysex file (4104 bytes) and try to map the different values to the parameters of the preenfm2.
So if DEXED can write those syx files, you can then copy them on the preenfm2 usb drive and load them to hear the result.
Best,

Xavier

rofilm

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »
Thank you for answering so fast. Yes, DEXED can write an read those files. I´ll think about how to include PreenFM2 in my workshop. I´ll come through again later. Again: Thank you. Have a great day and a good time!
Rolf

grit

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 09:36:25 AM »
Would it be possible for the PreenFM to recognize the DX7 patch/bankdumps via Sysex too? I made this (preliminary) patch extractor for DX7 soundbanks to load and organize patchbanks a bit more (there are so many banks and 80% is a waste) but it looks like the PreenFM2 does not recognise it?

https://www.retrokits.com/rk002/settings/kfm/patches.html