Author Topic: [Feature Request] Adjustable Seq/Arp Length  (Read 3803 times)

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
[Feature Request] Adjustable Seq/Arp Length
« on: October 23, 2016, 09:11:27 AM »
Hiya! Been really enjoying my Preenfm so far! As an owner of both the Preenfm and the Shruthi, I have to say that one thing Shruthi does better is it's sequencer implementation. On the shruthi (on the seq page at least), Knob 2 changes seq length, Knob 1 rotates the sequence (wrapping values around, a great feature), Knob 3 lets you navigate steps, and Knob 4 edits the step (could have the knob #s wrong). Whereas here, 2 knobs are taken up managing BPM and gate- while both are good features, they should probably deserve their own page to allow more in-depth sequence editing (perhaps a new page could show gate and bpm settings for both sequences simultaneously, two knobs each?). I think this is definitely worth looking into, since currently there is no way to have a sequence in any time signature other than 4/4, unless I am missing something drastically! I wanna make an FM waltz ;D

Thanks again for the wonderful machine Xavier, I hope you don't take all my silly suggestions as demanding / rude or mean-spirited, I am just excited to see the preenfm be the best it can be, and want to help ^.^
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:14:21 AM by stelpa »

SirPrimalform

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: [Feature Request] Adjustable Seq/Arp Length
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »
Just wanted to add support for this idea. Always in favour of being able to reduce the number of steps in a sequencer for other time signatures and cross phrasing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:53:57 PM by SirPrimalform »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Feature Request] Adjustable Seq/Arp Length
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:36:36 PM »
Seems like i never answered to the orinal request.
I cannot say anything else that it's a good idea  :)

Requires some time to spec and to insert properly in the existing screens.