Author Topic: [Solved] [Feature Requeust] Per-Op Keytracking?  (Read 5797 times)

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
[Solved] [Feature Requeust] Per-Op Keytracking?
« on: December 06, 2016, 02:09:47 PM »
I have been playing with my Blofeld, and though it's FM is limited (only 3 ops), it has the great feature of variable keytracking setting per oscillator ("Op"). This allows lots of metallic tones and interesting modulations, and would expand the microtonal capabilities of PreenFM2 even further. What do you all think? :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:03:41 AM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Feature Requeust] Per-Op Keytracking?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 05:27:31 PM »
Hi,

http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/synth-edit-mode/
Part 2 - Operators.
The preenfm2 does offer frequency key tracking per operator through the 3 parameters : "FType", "Freq" and "Ftune".
So i don't understand what you mean.

Xavier

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 05:08:05 AM »
Hi,

Part 2 - Operators.
The preenfm2 does offer frequency key tracking per operator through the 3 parameters : "FType", "Freq" and "Ftune".

Xavier

Ahh, you are right! I'm sorry, it just slipped my mind since it wasn't labelled as such. Thanks for all your hard work :)

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 06:59:25 AM »
Hi,

Part 2 - Operators.

Xavier

Hey Xavier - I just revisited this thread when looking through old posts and realized that I misunderstood what you said - what I was asking about was the ability to change key "scaling" - In other words, "stretching" or "compressing" the tuning of a single oscillator, instead of just transposing. Essentially this would make one of the oscillators 'out of tune' with the others - on the blofeld, this allows for some really crazy timbres.

The solution I've found in the mean time to achieve this is to use the mod matrix, mapping the note parameter to an osc's frequency, but I'm not sure which sort of scaling to use. It'd be cool if it were implemented without the mod matrix but that would require a new page... Still lots of fun with the mod matrix though :D

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] [Feature Requeust] Per-Op Keytracking?
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 11:59:47 AM »

Hey stelpa,

Isn't FTune what you're looking at ?
Or maybe being able to change with more precision Freq ? so that you can chose something like 0.99 ?

Mod Matrix using midi note number is actually a good way to do that   :)

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] [Feature Requeust] Per-Op Keytracking?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 04:55:58 AM »

Hey stelpa,

Isn't FTune what you're looking at ?
Or maybe being able to change with more precision Freq ? so that you can chose something like 0.99 ?

Mod Matrix using midi note number is actually a good way to do that   :)

Yeah, I was referring to Freq - Mod Matrix works, just not super exact :P