Author Topic: [Im5] and mix parameters missing from mod matrix  (Read 3928 times)

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
[Im5] and mix parameters missing from mod matrix
« on: October 24, 2016, 04:46:43 AM »
Just noticed that the mod matrix only includes im #1 through #4, missing #5 (don't think any algorithms use im6). It also is missing the later mix parameters, most notable in the additive algo (the one with 6 carriers). Are these destinations not included for technical reasons, or is it that the matrix is based on older code? Thanks :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Im5] and mix parameters missing from mod matrix
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 06:56:54 PM »

I first tried to keep reasonable the number of matrix destinations.

The number of sound when you need to modify independentaly each of the 6 mixes through the matrix must not been huge.

IM5 could be usefull though.

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 09:36:22 PM »

The number of sound when you need to modify independentaly each of the 6 mixes through the matrix must not been huge.

I can understand that, though generally (at least for me), the more matrix destinations/sources the better! You could always use the modifier (x10) key to go faster through all the options if you needed.

And yeah, messing with each mix individually isn't too pressing, but I've been experimenting with using PreenFM as a very basic additive synth, with each of the 6 carriers producing a different harmonic, but I am unable to change the volume of the later carriers due to this.

Thanks for reading :)

stelpa

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 02:23:45 AM »

Just curious, has there been any update on adding IM5 to the matrix? Thanks :)