Author Topic: green oled + noise  (Read 3819 times)

isis999

• Team member
    • View Profile
green oled + noise
« on: January 06, 2017, 02:52:32 PM »
Hi everybody,

First, Thank you Xavier, for this super job! And thank you, members of this nice community, for the help you give to newbees like me! :-)

I've just finish yesterday to mount my new to PreenFM2, and it works! :-) (Incredible: Iv'e made no mistake!...) IT WORKS!!!! :-D

But as Mouser had no more yellow Oled display, I've bought the green one. It seems to make quite a big interfering noise. Does someone have the same problem, using the green Oled? Is it linked to the this green Oled?
I've made the aluminium sheet protection as explained in the forum. But I didn't made the solder bridge as I didn't know what it is for, and I was afraid to short cut something... Should I make this bridge?

Thank you for your help,

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: green oled + noise
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »
Hi,

Congrats for you build :)
I've never tried the green OLED.
The blue i have are very noisy and the mod does not work that well.
What PCB version do you have ?
Depending on the version you need to make the bridge for the mod.
Line 4 here :
http://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=69159.0

Xavier

isis999

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: green oled + noise
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:50:30 PM »
Hi Xavier,

Thank you very much for your reply, and sorry to be so late in writing back...
Too much busy these days.

My PCB is the R5d, so I understand that I don't have to cut the 2nd pin of the Oled, and make a bridge between 2 and 15...

As I am building the case myself, it would be quite easy to seclude the Oled from the PCB. I could for example include the PreenFM2 in a metal box, witch would work as a Faraday cage, and build upon it another small box for the Oled, connecting the Oled to the PCB with wires ,  Do you think it could help reducing the noise?

Thank you again for your great work! I'm sure that I will enjoy your PreenFM2 a lot, once properly finished! :D