Author Topic: Voicing problem / feature?  (Read 2967 times)

piotrfigiel

• Team member
    • View Profile
Voicing problem / feature?
« on: March 27, 2017, 09:58:36 AM »
Hello there, I have some questions regarding preenfm2 voicing. For example I have the patch that allows maximum of 8 voices. Right now that means I can play 8 different notes one by one or in the chords. When I exceed this value the older note that was played will be turned off. That's ok. But what happens when I want to play one note or chord over and over again is that every older played sound is turned off and retriggered again. Shouldn't it be like this that when I play a note over and over again, every next one is played on next free voice so it's not cut? The same thing with chords. Hope it's anywhere near to be clear description of what I have in mind :) I'm on the latest firmware.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicing problem / feature?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:45:03 AM »
The algo is the following, in order or priority :

1 . If a voice use the same midi note, the engine uses this voice and retriggers the sound...
2 . If there is a free voice (playing no note) use it.

After this all voices are playing note :
3 . If there is one or more voice that are in "release mode" (midi note off has been receive but the note is still playing), use the older one.
4 . If all voices are currently playing active note, any new midi note on will replace the older one.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 01:58:11 PM by Xavier »

piotrfigiel

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Voicing problem / feature?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 12:40:08 PM »
Ok so it's supposed to work like this. Thanks.