Author Topic: Yellow OLED : high frequency solution  (Read 20434 times)

SMF

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Yellow OLED : high frequency solution
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 02:12:00 PM »
My version (R5d) has the OLED mod applied (22 Ohm Resistor), it even has this marked on the PCB ("OLED = 0 or 22 for OLED MOD")... and there is a (grounded) shield in between the OLED-Board and the Preen-Mainboard. But still I have a significant(!) amount of this high pitched tone in my recordings (-60dBFS is not really near being acceptable for me)...

Any suggestions?

SMF

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2020, 06:16:50 PM »
Additionally to the thick, single layer grounded aluminium-shield which was already inside my preen, I dersperately added 216 Layers of aluminium-foil like discribed in the initial post by Xavier. This was just the maximum I could snuggly fit in between OLED-Module and Preen-Mainboard. These layers are not connected to anything and remove ANY(!) spurs I still had in the output.

I can measure down to -120dBFS and there is plainly nothing left. So, to me it seems like all spurs I had were related to the OLED-Module. It also seems to be just the magnetic field produced by the Buck-converter (PSU) on the module. Most probably (but I don't have a need to give this a test-run for now) ferromagnetic material (multiple thin iron-sheets) would be better suggestion for a shield against the magnetic field than using aluminium.

Stefan

dimifrag

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2020, 02:01:43 PM »
with the r4 pcb you have different solution?