PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Problem starting PreenFM2

<< < (6/6)

Xavier:

--- Quote from: loluser22 on June 16, 2018, 11:43:47 PM ---....I cannot boot normally, I just get the full blocks in the OLED. I have a self-made preen405....

--- End quote ---

The full blocks in the display are displayed by the firmwre.
It freeze here if the firmware cannot access the USB drive.
2 possiblities : you didn't t have the expected "/pfm2/" folder or your USB stick is not readable by the preenfm2.

Xavier

loluser22:

--- Quote from: Xavier on June 17, 2018, 10:46:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: loluser22 on June 16, 2018, 11:43:47 PM ---....I cannot boot normally, I just get the full blocks in the OLED. I have a self-made preen405....

--- End quote ---

The full blocks in the display are displayed by the firmwre.
It freeze here if the firmware cannot access the USB drive.
2 possiblities : you didn't t have the expected "/pfm2/" folder or your USB stick is not readable by the preenfm2.

Xavier

--- End quote ---
Great! I've been reflowing the STM32F405 chip all night. Sight, at least is seems I didn't break it, cause I still have the blocks!

But great, my stick is 256MB, an old fellow! Ill try a couple others to see if that fixes the issue! Thanks!

loluser22:
Now I don't know what I'm talking about obviously, but: Would it make sense to have the screen say "Reading USB..." instead of just blocks at that point, so that it is obvious that the problem is USB related?

Xavier:

--- Quote from: loluser22 on June 18, 2018, 11:04:38 AM ---Now I don't know what I'm talking about obviously, but: Would it make sense to have the screen say "Reading USB..." instead of just blocks at that point, so that it is obvious that the problem is USB related?

--- End quote ---

When i wrote this part of code i didn't expect the USB reading to fail with some USB stick.
But that's a good point ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version