Author Topic: quick save?  (Read 4059 times)

observer

• Team member
    • View Profile
quick save?
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »
Hi, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but is there any way to quickly save changes made to a patch?

I've been navigating back through the file system to locate the patch I've edited in order to save it to the same slot. But this is pretty tedious to be honest. With many banks, it's easy to get lost.

Please let me know if there is a simpler way  :) thanks!

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: quick save?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:50:02 PM »
Hi,

You should be able to press "menu" several times in a row, and it should repeat the same command as the previous time.
So once you select Save + bank + your preset, "Menu" is the only button to press for the next save of the same preset.

(I cannot verify now, but i think if you just load a preset, the SAVE action you do just after will select by default the same bank and presets)

Hope that makes sense ?

Xavier

observer

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 01:29:08 PM »
oh, I see.

I'm using a sequencer that sends program changes and has knobs mapped to midi cc for quick editing of basic parameters for the four separate voices. So I guess when voices are loaded via PC messages it complicates things.. hmm

I really wish there was a quick save function that didn't require menu diving to overwrite a patch.

observer

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 02:16:49 AM »
any ideas?  :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 12:21:59 PM »

I'm afraid there's nothing for a quick save when you load preset with program change....
(which i agree is not very cool).

observer

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 04:31:01 AM »
Ah, ok.. Figured as much, but thought I might be missing something. Thanks for getting back to me! I love the preenfm2 so much!