Author Topic: Ableton Midi Issue [Resolved]  (Read 2850 times)

gorasou

• Team member
    • View Profile
Ableton Midi Issue [Resolved]
« on: October 04, 2018, 11:00:01 PM »
Hey everyone!

Just got my Preen from Van Daal  a couple weeks ago and I really love it! I found a really weird issue though when using it with Ableton Live (latest version).
I use the Editor wich works great but for some reason whenever I have Ableton running and the Preen connected (midi in and out via the 5-pin connectors from and to my audio interface) some of the controls react weirdly on the device itself. for example the panning in the mixer section is pretty much un-editable with the encoder. values go down and make big jumps whatever direction I turn. still works as it should when I control it from the editor though. its not the encoders because other parameters work perfectly with that same encoder. only noticed it on the pan controls and the filter cutoff so far. the cutoff works better though, I just get skips occasionaly. The oddest part is, when I close ableton, all the parameters and encoders work perfectly again. so it might be some kind of midi going back and forth and causing these weird jumps. I have no idea why though...

Did anyone run into similar problems and has some tips? hope I could explain it well
as there are workarounds for this, it's not that big of a deal. still a bit frustrating...

thanks in advance,

Marc
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:35:05 AM by Xavier »

gorasou

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Ableton Midi Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 11:44:05 PM »
Never mind, I think I found a solution. I set receive and send to NRPN only and it seems like it fixed it. apparently there was some cc action going on wich threw some of the parameters off. now everything reacts smoothly