Author Topic: New filters  (Read 84033 times)

matrix12x

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: New filters
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2019, 12:03:05 AM »
Nice! A formant filter!!!! Can't wait to test.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2019, 12:36:31 AM »
I am new to the preenfm2, can someone explain to me how to use these? I'm not that much of a dummy but I'm not sure on these lol... Only had my unit since yesterday and already added 256 DX7 files too it, and uploaded the 2.10 firmware and flashed it etc..

Can someone break it down in easy steps on what needs to be done to add these filters? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:48:20 AM by Brockstar »

Heleste

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2019, 02:48:25 AM »
I am new to the preenfm2...
Sup, @Brock! This topic is about the custom firmware that has additional filters, it was made by Toltekradiation. Check his last post, grab the latest .bin file from it and flash it. Subscribe to this topic for updates! As simple as that!
You can learn about new filters if you look for Toltekradiation's posts here.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2019, 02:53:38 AM »
Sup, @Brock! This topic is about the custom firmware that has additional filters, it was made by Toltekradiation. Check his last post, grab the latest .bin file from it and flash it. Subscribe to this topic for updates! As simple as that!

What's up.. so these filters he's been uploading is just different firmware versions with different filters in them, so you just add them like a new firmware and flash and it'll be there? If so, ok cool =)

Heleste

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2019, 02:59:05 AM »

What's up.. so these filters he's been uploading is just different firmware versions with different filters in them, so you just add them like a new firmware and flash and it'll be there? If so, ok cool =)

Yes, that's right. More filters and you flash it like usual flash. Filters worth checking btw ;)

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2019, 03:07:35 AM »

Yes, that's right. More filters and you flash it like usual flash. Filters worth checking btw ;)

Thank you, I'll give it a go tomorrow =)

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2019, 03:15:58 AM »
Actually just uploaded the latest one he posted and yup a bunch new filters there yay!

So another question if no one minds? Each time he uploads a file, is it the latest one with ALL of them in it, or should I download everyone single one and they're all different with different filters etc?

Heleste

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2019, 03:23:57 AM »
Actually just uploaded the latest one he posted and yup a bunch new filters there yay!

So another question if no one minds? Each time he uploads a file, is it the latest one with ALL of them in it, or should I download everyone single one and they're all different with different filters etc?

Every new fw has all previous additions/changes, so you just need the last one.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2019, 03:26:14 AM »

Every new fw has all previous additions/changes, so you just need the last one.

Thank you, that is what I figured =) I'm enjoying these new filters, expands the creativity much further!

Heleste

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2019, 02:31:24 AM »
You may wanna look into this issue i've been having with this filter firmware... you can read my findings here. Until then I'm gonna have to go back to normal 2.10 again. https://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=69580.0
@Toltekradiation, you want to check his

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 22, 2019, 03:30:36 AM »
Sorry it's not the firmware causing issues as I thought maybe so I wanted to clarify that as I tried this new filter one, the normal 2.10 and also reverted back to 2.09 and still having some sort of tuning issue.

Love the new filters by the way! Hope we see more waveforms and filters in the future!

matrix12x

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2019, 12:14:08 AM »
@Toltekradiation is it possible to request, as a new filter, the formant filter you did combined with a distortion as a future filter? I love playing with the formant filter.

Méka

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2019, 09:26:34 AM »
@ Toltekradiation
Many thank for your very nice work !
It's good to see this awesome little synth still in progress ...  :)

Toltekradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2019, 09:49:58 AM »
hi guys,
thanks for the support :)
@matrix12x : ok i will give it a try, but i fear it has to be a mono filter because the formant filter is quite cpu intensive.
however, i will try to find a lighter algo.

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2019, 05:55:48 AM »
is there a plan to add these filters to the preenfm eurorack firmware?  id love to use them with my module...

:)