Author Topic: RANDOMIZER  (Read 4876 times)

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
RANDOMIZER
« on: November 23, 2019, 04:31:39 PM »
Omg I'm in love with the randomizer inside the PreenFM2... I just love any synths or pedals that have that option or a blender option.

My question is how does it work exactly for the PreenFM2? What I mean is we load up a sound, we then go to the rand option and then we click any of the 5 buttons to randomize it. Is it unlimited randomization or does it go to like 128 randomizations and then start back to the beginning or what? Does pressing a certain button out of the 5 do something different compared to the other buttons?

Here's me doing a example of it.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5NnzQ6nHUX/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOMIZER
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 04:40:33 PM »

The five button triggers a new random. There's no difference between the 5.
You have a little more info in the doc here in the "1-Load" part.
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/menu-mode/

It's real randomization.
But keep in mind you can keep some part of the sound you have : "Keep" option for the area you don't want to modify.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 05:22:00 PM »

The five button triggers a new random. There's no difference between the 5.
You have a little more info in the doc here in the "1-Load" part.
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/menu-mode/

It's real randomization.
But keep in mind you can keep some part of the sound you have : "Keep" option for the area you don't want to modify.

Yeah I read that page before :) but also the 4 knob encoders below the screen if you press them they randomize the patch as well.

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 08:21:46 PM »
Any chance that it's doable to get a "go back" function on the randomizer. Like say we're randomizing a sound, click a button and randomize another and we like it but then we hit the button and like crap I wanna go back the other sound I just had. The BOSS SY-300 guitar synth has this option on it's blender section and very helpful. Can go back like 100 if needed.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 09:43:50 PM »

Yes a "go back" button would be nice.

But what you can do is : when you like a sound you save it to the current preset by pressing the MENU button. It displays "Done" and go back to the editor.
Then you click again 3 times this same MENU button to come back to the randomizer.
From there, after modifying your new preset, if you prefer the previous sound you can just press back.

Not as convenient as a simple "Go back" button i admit ;)

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »

Yes a "go back" button would be nice.

But what you can do is : when you like a sound you save it to the current preset by pressing the MENU button. It displays "Done" and go back to the editor.
Then you click again 3 times this same MENU button to come back to the randomizer.
From there, after modifying your new preset, if you prefer the previous sound you can just press back.

Not as convenient as a simple "Go back" button i admit ;)

Yeah true, but you think any chance of adding a go back feature in a future firmware if it's doable and when you got time? :) Thank you so much for making this gadget, I love it.

Naive Teen Idol

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 01:48:26 PM »
Really excellent video showing how to use the Randomizer to build, shape (and save) sounds:
https://youtu.be/jRP0g-hWwAI

the_duckchild

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 05:56:32 PM »
ha, that is great - I just made mine recently and in a solid gold example of "RTFM, Dude" I had completely misunderstood how to do this and was worried the sounds it produced seemed super limited.

what an idiot.