Author Topic: More Matrix destinations?  (Read 3033 times)

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
More Matrix destinations?
« on: February 25, 2020, 04:46:01 AM »
Would it be possible to have these as destinations in the Matrix?

Algorithms - would be fun to have these as a destinations (i mean like "browsable", same as e.g All Mod Indexes, so it steps through all of them depending on the "voltage" of the LFO or - actual voltage, via CV).
When you switch algos manually the change seems _really_ instant, so since its so fast this can be musically interesting..

Same with Instrument 1-4, these would be great to have as destinations in the same way, so that we who uses the eurorack version can control this via CV, or for anyone else; using internal LFO etc. Or why not make it possible to browse through the presets in the current bank (so like program change but with the possibility to internally, or via CV, change instrument)? Then we could drop e.g a set of percussive patches (or whatever that sounds good as a set of instruments) in one bank and PreenFM2 can be used as e.g a drum machine where it switches between the percussive patches we've put into this bank.
The later would probably be preferable! But either would be great.

Anyways, would absolutely LOVE if this was possible, it would really take this already great synth to the next level imo!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:59:44 AM by vurt »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: More Matrix destinations?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 09:18:11 AM »
Hi,

Modifying Algo while playing sounds produces audio clicks so it's not musical at all.
That's why it not part of matrix destination.
It can be controlled by midi CC and NRPN though.

I don't understand what you mean by Instrument 1-4.

Preset can also be select by Midi.
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/midi/
When you load a preset it accesses the USBkey and it stops all current playing sound.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:20:16 AM by Xavier »

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: More Matrix destinations?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 11:39:00 AM »
Its not producing any clicks for me, not that i can hear at least. It does however cut out the sound for 3ms or something, you only really notice it if you switch really fast while playing a sound, but this can be usable, imo.

With instrument 1-4 i mean a way to rotate the MIDI channel in the Matrix. So 1 can suddenly become midi channel 2,3 or 4 (or whatever the instruments are set to). This is mostly useful for us with the eurorack version. I guess this would be away around the sound being cut off (since these instruments are already loaded).

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:41:46 AM by vurt »