Author Topic: 2.12 Beta 2  (Read 12701 times)

SMF

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: 2.12 Beta 2
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2020, 08:24:31 AM »
Xavier,

I tried 2.12 Beta 2 and CC7/CC10 do work like a treat! Very, very nice!
:)

But it seems like I stumbled across a bug when selecting banks/patches in the DX7 section. If I do accidently select patch Nr. 33 then the PreenFM2 freezes on playing the current waveform and needs to be restarted for recovery (my sequencer starts numbering patches at Nr. 1, so this is exactly one patch above the allowed range for DX-7 banks -- just for clarification. This looks like a missing range-check leading to out-of-bounds memory-access at a first glance.).

With PreenFM2-banks, however, this doesn't happen.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2020, 09:19:04 AM »
But it seems like I stumbled across a bug when selecting banks/patches in the DX7 section. If I do accidently select patch Nr. 33 then the PreenFM2 freezes on playing the current waveform and needs to be restarted for recovery (my sequencer starts numbering patches at Nr. 1, so this is exactly one patch above the allowed range for DX-7 banks -- just for clarification. This looks like a missing range-check leading to out-of-bounds memory-access at a first glance.).

Nice catch.
Thanks, it's fixed for next version.

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2020, 11:44:31 AM »
I guess an updated Editor that reflects these change will come when out of beta? because this won't work with the latest editor i reckon?

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2020, 12:13:38 PM »
I guess an updated Editor that reflects these change will come when out of beta? because this won't work with the latest editor i reckon?

Correct.
Unless i miss something, the only modification needed by the editor is the second matrix destiation.
I have to modify the editor before releasing an official 2.12.
But don't hold your breath ;)

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2020, 12:15:46 PM »

Correct.
Unless i miss something, the only modification needed by the editor is the second matrix destiation.
I have to modify the editor before releasing an official 2.12.
But don't hold your breath ;)

Ok.. pretty happy with it as it is, though wouldn't mind having the update :D