Author Topic: preenfm3 / preenfm2 R6 : PCBs available  (Read 13393 times)

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: preenfm3 / preenfm2 R6 : first PCBs available
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2020, 04:46:34 PM »
also, why can i not pitchbend a full octave?  it seems i am only able to bend up to 10 semi tones?  this makes it hard to map a pitchbend melody...

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2020, 06:58:46 PM »
cool!  it works now.  but i had to take the thumb drive out to access it as my win10 computer made the usb drive inserted sound when i tried to enable usb drive access over the preen’s usb port but it never showed up in explorer.

What pfm2 bootloader did you install.
I published a 1.12 version which does not work.
Sorry about that, but the "USB access" from the computer should work with 1.11 and 1.13.
1.13 bootloader is included with the latest 2.20 zip file.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2020, 07:16:45 PM »
also, why can i not pitchbend a full octave?  it seems i am only able to bend up to 10 semi tones?  this makes it hard to map a pitchbend melody...

You can use a second entry with same source and a multipler of 2, they will be added and you'll get the octave.

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 12:18:32 AM »
cool!  it works now.  but i had to take the thumb drive out to access it as my win10 computer made the usb drive inserted sound when i tried to enable usb drive access over the preen’s usb port but it never showed up in explorer.

What pfm2 bootloader did you install.
I published a 1.12 version which does not work.
Sorry about that, but the "USB access" from the computer should work with 1.11 and 1.13.
1.13 bootloader is included with the latest 2.20 zip file.

im talking about the one i bought from ardi.  how do you update just the bootloader?

interesting solution for the pitchbend, i prob wouldnt have thought of that!

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2020, 08:45:12 AM »
@solipsvs I moved your latest message here :
http://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=69716.0

Because i think flashing the bootloader deserve its own thread for the futur.

forestcaver

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2020, 10:36:56 PM »
I’ve just noticed the preenfm3 controlboard has been revised. I was about to buy parts to build the fm3 having just received boards. Are there any hacks or different parts needed on the old boards? (I’m happy desoldering/using kynar wire on smt so if there is any benefit in hacking the old board I’m happy doing it - I havent compared the old and new schematics yet...)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2020, 07:47:49 AM »
I’ve just noticed the preenfm3 controlboard has been revised. I was about to buy parts to build the fm3 having just received boards. Are there any hacks or different parts needed on the old boards? (I’m happy desoldering/using kynar wire on smt so if there is any benefit in hacking the old board I’m happy doing it - I havent compared the old and new schematics yet...)

Controlboards are all 100% compatible (unless one day i announce a different one) and the components are at the exact same place.
Preenfm3 firmware has evolved and the new one has correct labels on the button (MENU=>SEQ).  An other small aesthetic change.

j4ustin

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2020, 06:56:24 PM »
Does anyone know what power cable / vc to use for the preenfm3? I'm getting a ground loop noise using my usb cable and want to switch to external power.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2020, 11:37:09 PM »
Does anyone know what power cable / vc to use for the preenfm3? I'm getting a ground loop noise using my usb cable and want to switch to external power.

USB power goes directly to the VCC so it can be very noisy.
Must be a 9V DC / 1A (min) / center positive
Like this
Center positive logo is visible here

lokki

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 01:18:29 PM »
hi xavier,

would it be possible to publish a pdf file of the top (and ideally back) part of the case? i will make my own case from wood and aluminium and could use a drilling template. or are there any free programs to export the stl files to pdf? some online tools i tried failed to produce any result.

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2020, 03:24:40 PM »

check this product out:

https://hifimediy.com/product/usb-isolator/?fbclid=IwAR0bWtLYyGQYA68oXOtW8dP9BhypuCLzFdQptIXVVbgeHzc_OUXcQgCNSO4

consumer

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2020, 05:45:10 AM »
Hi,
Please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but when are the next round of FM3 boards going to be available and if there is some way that I might be alerted when they are?

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2020, 07:28:01 AM »
Hi,
That's totally the right place  :)
Here's a message i posted on Facebook last week:
FYI, The 5 PCBs i have will be available after i make sure they work as expected.
Send me an email/PM if you're interested.

Where are the preenfm3 PCBs ?
Here are some clarifications.
The PCB manufacturer of the 2 first batches has a shortage of DAC (digital analog converter / 3 pieces required per preenfm3), and is unable to say when they're back in stock.
I used another manufacturer (slower and more expensive)  for a very small batch (5 PCBs) 3 weeks ago and the package should arrive early next week.
If everything goes as expected, i'll order a bigger batch from them, so preenfm3 PCBs should be available in 3 or 4 weeks.
And after that, they will be in stock hopefully for good. The good news is that during this time, the firmware has been improved
Thanks

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2020, 02:29:57 PM »
FYI, The 5 PCBs i have will be available after i make sure they work as expected.

They work as expected so they are available in the shop.
http://ixox.fr/shop/