Author Topic: [Added in 2.20 beta 2] Program change stores loaded preset  (Read 2584 times)

observer

• Team member
    • View Profile
[Added in 2.20 beta 2] Program change stores loaded preset
« on: September 24, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »
[Moved here by Xavier]

I wonder if it's possible in the new PFM3 to design it so that there is no clicking when changing programs.

It's the reason I stopped using the PFM2 in my live sets and have found the most frustrating thing about it to be the patch management. When sending program changes, all timbres have a momentary hiccup.

Also would be really nice to make it easier to edit a patch and save changes without having to navigate back to the exact patch number. This is simple enough if you're editing from the front panel, but for example if you have landed on a patch from an midi program change and have messed with the patch and now want to save changes. presently this is a frustrating experience whereby you have to locate that exact patch number and then manually overwrite it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:20:31 PM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Program change stores loaded preset
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 04:04:02 PM »

I wondeAlso would be really nice to make it easier to edit a patch and save changes without having to navigate back to the exact patch number. This is simple enough if you're editing from the front panel, but for example if you have landed on a patch from an midi program change and have messed with the patch and now want to save changes. presently this is a frustrating experience whereby you have to locate that exact patch number and then manually overwrite it.

Oh i think we already talked about that.
That should be easy to do.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 11:47:14 AM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Program change stores loaded preset
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 10:46:47 AM »
Just split this question to its own thread.
It was quick to do
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2/commit/e9fd441e5653d373054212c1c7531ea8e668e019
and i just added this in the 2.20 beta 2 release
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:20:46 PM by Xavier »