PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

[FIXED] pfm2 Eurorack : DIY help, frozen screen

<< < (2/4) > >>

Xavier:

--- Quote from: zmberber on October 27, 2020, 08:23:10 PM ---It booted, I was able to do stuff in edit mode for a few seconds, and then it suddenly froze.  And then, as soon as I rebooted, it gave me the fully lit blank screen again.  And this happens over and over everytime I reboot.  think if I wait for a longer time and I power on the module again, I can get to the edit menu again for a few seconds, but then it will freeze again (Or maybe I am just imagining stuff).  Could it be that some capacitor is wrong or faulty?  Is my USB reader broken or something?

--- End quote ---

When you say "it suddenly froze", is it when you access browse or load presets ? or at any moment ?

--- Quote from: zmberber on October 27, 2020, 08:23:10 PM ---Could it be that some capacitor is wrong or faulty?  Is my USB reader broken or something?

--- End quote ---

No i don't think so (for both question).
That's weird.
Could be a bad connection of the preenf405. Double check the DIP40 soldering and push a little more the preenf405 inside.

Ardi from Van Daal Electronics follows this forum, but you can try to contact him directly to see if he has an idea.

zmberber:
I just think posting stuff in the forum is good because others might have similar problems so they can see how I fix my problems (that's what forums are for, right? ;D).

= = = = = = =
Xavier EDITED : Sorry i made a bad action with this message and remove 80% of it  :-\
But i totally agree with what you wrote  :)

zmberber:
Hm, I pressed on the chip, and then I was able to play around in edit mode a bit longer than before, but then as soon as I pressed "menu", it froze and then I saw the blank screen again.

I tried again, I wiggled around the chip (i put it in and out of the socket), tried again, but this time, i hardly did anything, and then it froze.

i am not sure if pressing "menu" was the reason, i think it was just random.

EDIT: yes indeed, it is random, i again had the situation that i got a blank screen just suddenly (i scrolled through algos).  it really seems to be random, because this time it happened after i did nothing.

EDIT 2:  And this time, I did the following: It booted, I was able to do stuff, then I did nothing, then I waited, and then I just tapped the module (the whole thing, I just tapped the chassis), and then it gave me the blank screen.  So apparently there is some faulty connection of the (or a) chip.

Xavier:

--- Quote from: zmberber on October 27, 2020, 09:18:22 PM ---EDIT 2:  And this time, I did the following: It booted, I was able to do stuff, then I did nothing, then I waited, and then I just tapped the module (the whole thing, I just tapped the chassis), and then it gave me the blank screen.  So apparently there is some faulty connection of the (or a) chip.

--- End quote ---

That could explain.

Just in case : there's a display problem with 2.20beta firmware when screensaver is activated.
Mais sure that's not what you have.... Stick with 2.12_cv version for the eurorack for the moment.

zmberber:
i have p2_cv_2.12.bin, so that should be the correct version.

so apparently i need to check out the chip...  damnit... maybe i should check the soldering points of the socket for the chip?  or i should desolder and solder a new socket??  i hope i can work it out...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version