PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Pfm2 : unison discussion

(1/20) > >>

Xavier:

--- Quote from: solipsvs on November 16, 2020, 07:30:31 PM ---would you have interest in reducing polyphony and adding more sound shaping stuff like maybe a master effects section with filters and distortions etc maybe a comb delay...   i think enough people use preenfm2 as a bass synth...  if it were a mono synth per part that would shave off a lot of cpu at least.  i mean i mostly use mine as a mono synth with 4 layers.

--- End quote ---

I don't have any plan for that.
But i'm as usual of course ready to help anyone who wants to give that a try.

--- Quote from: solipsvs on November 16, 2020, 07:30:31 PM ---another great feature would be to allow unison + detune + spread.  this could make the preenfm2 into a big fuzzy bulldozer!  and with a master effect like distortion etc. look out!

--- End quote ---

What does prevent you to do that today ? (OK there's not master effect).
But unison is doable.
It requires a little work, load the same preset in the 4 instruments.. assigne same midi channel or use global midi channel.
Detune and pan the different operators of the 4 instruments.
Reminder to make your life easier : "Mix, pan, env edit: hold 3 to modify all other operators of the same type (carrier/modulator) at the same time"

solipsvs:
im not opposed to work, but this would make a unison count of 4 when im trying to access as many as ive got.

but i see.  i dont want to annoy so i guess ill learn to code

baxgas:
The preenfm2 respond to midi CC10 to pan an instrument. It's not reset when you load a new preset.
>> Thanks, works like that, I can make it from my Sequencer

But adding a shortcut (button + enoder) to modify the panning should be easy.
>> Do you mean by Performance P1-4 buttons via the Modulation Matrix?

Xavier:

--- Quote from: baxgas on November 17, 2020, 09:44:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Xavier ---But adding a shortcut (button + enoder) to modify the panning should be easy.

--- End quote ---
Do you mean by Performance P1-4 buttons via the Modulation Matrix?

--- End quote ---

I mean in the code  :)
Actually you can use P1 to modify "Pan*" in the matrix. But that will be part of the preset, so it will reset when loading a new one.

solipsvs:

--- Quote from: Xavier on November 16, 2020, 09:46:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: solipsvs on November 16, 2020, 07:30:31 PM ---would you have interest in reducing polyphony and adding more sound shaping stuff like maybe a master effects section with filters and distortions etc maybe a comb delay...   i think enough people use preenfm2 as a bass synth...  if it were a mono synth per part that would shave off a lot of cpu at least.  i mean i mostly use mine as a mono synth with 4 layers.

--- End quote ---

I don't have any plan for that.
But i'm as usual of course ready to help anyone who wants to give that a try.

--- Quote from: solipsvs on November 16, 2020, 07:30:31 PM ---another great feature would be to allow unison + detune + spread.  this could make the preenfm2 into a big fuzzy bulldozer!  and with a master effect like distortion etc. look out!

--- End quote ---

What does prevent you to do that today ? (OK there's not master effect).
But unison is doable.
It requires a little work, load the same preset in the 4 instruments.. assigne same midi channel or use global midi channel.
Detune and pan the different operators of the 4 instruments.
Reminder to make your life easier : "Mix, pan, env edit: hold 3 to modify all other operators of the same type (carrier/modulator) at the same time"

--- End quote ---

im not overstepping my bounds by asking for features most other synths already have am i?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version