Author Topic: [added in v0.102] u.i. name entry suggestion  (Read 3994 times)

lokki

• View Profile
[added in v0.102] u.i. name entry suggestion
« on: December 20, 2020, 10:23:06 PM »
when i have to "type" in names for patches i have one suggestion that would make the workflow faster i think.

leave everything as is and on the sixth button (which is free at the time) implement the function go one position to the left. (the same as turning encoder one clockwise)

this would allow to write in names much quicker, one hand could stay on encoder 4, the other hand would select upper and lowercase etc. and advance a position. if you need to correct you can still scroll back with encoder 1.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 06:22:41 PM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: u.i. name entry suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 09:13:29 AM »

Sounds good !  :)
Thanks

lokki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »
To the right of course, silly me. But otherwise as I wrote :)

Btw. I am having lots of fun patching here...

Some crazier modulation destinations could come in handy for fx sounds, but I am not sure how easy those would be to add...

Also, it seems arp on/off is not part of a preset, right? Is there a reason for this?

And, is env2 broken? It didn't modulate anything when I tried, but maybe my usage was wrong

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 08:07:28 AM »
To the right of course, silly me. But otherwise as I wrote :)
Btw. I am having lots of fun patching here...

Cool  :)

Also, it seems arp on/off is not part of a preset, right? Is there a reason for this?

Set MENU>Config>Arp in Preset
To "Yes".
The idea to have it set to false is to be able to browse presets while hearing the same arpegiator.
That's only for "Preset",  Arpegiators are always saved with the MIXER state.

I'm not super happy with this idea, i think it'll turn "Arp In Preset" to Yes by default.
And people will be able to turn it to off if they want. I'm not even sure anymore it can be usefull.

And, is env2 broken? It didn't modulate anything when I tried, but maybe my usage was wrong

It works on the small test i just did. Maybe you have a big value in  "Sile(nce)" and you don't hear the start of the attk.

A remark about a not well known feature : Env2>Silence can be modulated in the Matrix..
Modulating "Silence" with a random value can give some interesting "organic" modulation. (With Env2>Loop set to "Sile").

lokki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »
All good, thanks! It was indeed a silence value of 1 :)

lokki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 11:07:03 AM »
Funny remark... I got a dab+ radio for Christmas, which also has a menu to enter a password for wireless access..  also with an encoder :)

So one other suggestion, inspired by the radio. If you move one position right, copy the letter you entered before and use it as a starting point, it irritated me first but it's surprisingly useful and fast. Our brain tends to work that way too it seems... So if you enter Christmas, and go from C to next position, start right at the c :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 09:57:35 PM »
So one other suggestion, inspired by the radio. If you move one position right, copy the letter you entered before and use it as a starting point,

That makes sense, i tried that and i liked it.
The encoder 1 can still move freely the cursor.
And the ">" would move cursor and copy the previous char.