PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Turn patches into a bank on PC?

(1/8) > >>

vurt:
So i've made 200+ new patches recently using the fantastic editor, they're saved on my PC.. Isn't there some way i can make these into a bank(s), or do i have to upload each individual patch?

I have 500 patches saved in total now (300 are uploaded manually, one by one) but i want to rearrange all of it, which will be very tiresome if i have to upload each of the 500 patches from the editor and do the saving on the preenfm2.

Just a simple script where you put all patch files you want as a bank in a folder and execute a .bat file to merge it to a bank would be immensely helpful :)

Xavier:

--- Quote from: vurt on January 21, 2021, 12:48:48 PM ---So i've made 200+ new patches recently using the fantastic editor, they're saved on my PC.. Isn't there some way i can make these into a bank(s), or do i have to upload each individual patch?

I have 500 patches saved in total now (300 are uploaded manually, one by one) but i want to rearrange all of it, which will be very tiresome if i have to upload each of the 500 patches from the editor and do the saving on the preenfm2.

Just a simple script where you put all patch files you want as a bank in a folder and execute a .bat file to merge it to a bank would be immensely helpful :)

--- End quote ---

Aouch...
Editor files and pfm bank are totally different. First one is a ziped xml text file, and the second one is a dump memory of the ARM memory.
Pfm can read bank but knows nothing about editor file, and vice-versa.

Let me think about a solution....  ???

vurt:

--- Quote from: Xavier on January 21, 2021, 08:52:06 PM ---
Aouch...
Editor files and pfm bank are totally different. First one is a ziped xml text file, and the second one is a dump memory of the ARM memory.
Pfm can read bank but knows nothing about editor file, and vice-versa.

Let me think about a solution....  ???

--- End quote ---

Thanks, hope you can come up with something! Because I can hardly be alone in wanting to either upload a complete bank or sometimes wanting to rearrange your entire bank(s) so it all has to be uploaded again.
It can really turn into a mess after a while where the banks have no consistency (can be cool too, but makes it hard to find specific sounds)..

Xavier:

There were several requests about bank management.
I also need one :)
Can be fun to do.

I think that could be done from the editor menu :

1. Create folder presets from preenfm bank
2. Create preenfm bank from folder presets

(2) requires a step to reorder the preset.

vurt:
That would be amazing :) Having so much fun with this synth but the bank management is an issue for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version