PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

[Resolved in 2.05B4] stuck note! was: aftertouch bug? (or general modulation)

(1/5) > >>

lokki:
hi there,

when i modulate im* via aftertouch, after a while i can hear a zippering noise from the preenfm2 even when i don't play a note. applying aftertouch without hitting a note (yes i can do that with my controller) varies that noise. at that point also my modulation wheel (set to op* freq in the matrix) is able to change this noise...

has anyone seen/heard this behaviour? i'm on 2.03. this only happens after a while of playing and after extensive use of aftertouch (a lot of data).

lokki:
ok, getting a little further. it seems to be a very low stuck note. when i adjust gliding in a monophonic patch, every note glides from below. i disabled aftertouch on the controller and it is still happening. so i am now thinking it is more a very fast run of notes that somehow triggers this low note. if i send a note off from ableton live with c-2 value (midi note 0)  the problem disappears. will look further into this issue. maybe it is my controller that is somehow sending note 0 values, but i doubt it.

lokki:
just writing down my findings, sorry for all the messages.

i tried the same controller with a waldorf pulse and i cannot get any stuck notes from it. so it seems to be an issue with the preenfm. xavier, can you see any reason how very fast runs of notes could get a stuck note with midi pitch 0? i never send a value 0, but when i send a note off with pitch 0 from ableton, the note is released correctly, so it must be midi note 0 that is stuck...

lokki:
and the last message :-)

i can confirm this happens with ableton live sending notes to preenfm2 as well! i created a fast run of notes (multiple times the same note, and also different notes) and when i send it to preenfm2 over usb, i get the same stuck note 0. the notes have to be pretty short to trigger the behaviour. so it could also be that only very short notes trigger the fault.

kuzma_p:
I can test it with octatrack and renoise but i will be able to do this only since next sunday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version