PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Feature Request. Increased LFO speed up to 100Hz

(1/2) > >>

pereshaped:
This is a firmware update request.

At 100+ Hz a random LFO wave permits a radically different type of FM synthesis not possible using the DX7 standard LFO. You can sculpt "sample like" realistic materials not possible otherwise.

It would allow the porting of a greater variety of timbres from the 4 operator series using DX Convert, the fabulous app by Martin Tarenskeen of the DX YAhoo groups.

I'd be happy to demonstrate.

all the best, P

lokki:
i compiled a firmware with increades lfo speed, will try tomorrow if it works as expected and will then upload here...

Xavier:

--- Quote from: pereshaped on August 29, 2016, 12:44:59 AM ---I'd be happy to demonstrate.

--- End quote ---

I'd be happy to hear :)

--- Quote from: lokki on August 29, 2016, 09:07:00 PM ---i compiled a firmware with increades lfo speed, will try tomorrow if it works as expected and will then upload here...

--- End quote ---

Don't hesitate to share  :D

lokki:
ok, the firmware i compiled (with line 290 adjusted) does crash, i think it is because every time i go past 24.9 there is no access to frequency anymore. first midi, then the preenfm crashes (all leds on, display shows some numbers, unit freezes). so i think i first need to remap the midi-clock mapping from 24.5 to something like 120... xavier any hints, where the mapping takes place?

cheers

solipsvs:
i was under the impression that xavier said previously that the cpu is maxed out and theres no possibility to make an LFO that speed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version