PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

"proper" MPE support for preenfm3

<< < (3/7) > >>

Xavier:
Next update for future beta 2  ;)

Legacy matrix sources (PitBe, AftTo) will be the global pitchbend and after touch (channel 1) in MPE mode.
New matrix sources renamed to "PB MPE" and "AT MPE" They will be the pitchbend and after touch per voice in MPE mode.

CC#74 will only be per voice in MPE mode.

Fix the problem where pitchbend per voice is per semitone so limited to 24 semitone. It will be per tone and limited to 24 tones.

Xavier:

Here is Beta 2 with the modification above :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f6-MYm4T89KhmynH3VSSJTLv1ynFhcLl/view?usp=sharing

lokki:
Thanks Xavier for all your work. I will be able to check it out this weekend...

lokki:
i tested it briefly and it works very well, this is great and makes creating sounds for MPE controllers so much easier!

a couple of remarks:

-i would suggest to put AT MPE PB MPE and CC#74 together, since they all belong mainly to MPE, seems strange to have random in between in the menu.

-i am not sure we even need a distinction between AT MPE and non MPE AT, are there any controllers that have both? like general aftertouch and poly aftertouch on the voices? maybe you can make them one, so some patches will "work" out of the box.

-the midi channel showing in the instrument tab is a bit confusing, if i set an instrument to 4 voices i get 1-5, but of course i only have 4 voices, shouldn't it read 2-5? 1 is always reserved for general modulation.

lastly it would be killer to have unison available, but i know that in its current implementation this is not possible (since it requires mono sounds and you use additional voices to do the unison fx)

Xavier:

--- Quote from: lokki on April 09, 2021, 05:22:43 PM ---i tested it briefly and it works very well, this is great and makes creating sounds for MPE controllers so much easier!

--- End quote ---

Nice... thanks.

--- Quote from: lokki on April 09, 2021, 05:22:43 PM ----i would suggest to put AT MPE PB MPE and CC#74 together, since they all belong mainly to MPE, seems strange to have random in between in the menu.

--- End quote ---

Agreed

--- Quote from: lokki on April 09, 2021, 05:22:43 PM ----i am not sure we even need a distinction between AT MPE and non MPE AT, are there any controllers that have both? like general aftertouch and poly aftertouch on the voices? maybe you can make them one, so some patches will "work" out of the box.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing but i found that :
"Messages that can be sent as Zone Level and Note Level are the following:
Channel Pressure: Control Change for the second dimension also called Press. Channel Pressure information must be combined if received at both message levels."
Here : https://docs.juce.com/master/tutorial_mpe_zones.html
Juce belonged to Roli so i assume they know what they're talking about.

--- Quote from: lokki on April 09, 2021, 05:22:43 PM ----the midi channel showing in the instrument tab is a bit confusing, if i set an instrument to 4 voices i get 1-5, but of course i only have 4 voices, shouldn't it read 2-5? 1 is always reserved for general modulation.

--- End quote ---

I thought about that too. But if i don't include 1 it seems it's free for other instrument.
Could be "1+2-5" but takes space.

--- Quote from: lokki on April 09, 2021, 05:22:43 PM ---lastly it would be killer to have unison available, but i know that in its current implementation this is not possible (since it requires mono sounds and you use additional voices to do the unison fx)

--- End quote ---

Maybe in a further future.

Out of curiosity, what MPE controller do you use ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version