PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

"proper" MPE support for preenfm3

<< < (6/7) > >>

lokki:
The general pitchbend now also has the broader range of 48 semitones, not sure that was intended, but I like it. It will break existing presets though...

Nevermind, it's all good

Xavier:

--- Quote from: lokki on April 17, 2021, 08:13:32 AM ---The general pitchbend now also has the broader range of 48 semitones, not sure that was intended, but I like it. It will break existing presets though...

Nevermind, it's all good

--- End quote ---

Just for other people that follow this thread : the general pitchbend must be definied in the matrix as it is for non-MPE instrument.
The only auto-wired modulation is the MPE "pitchbend per channel".

Thanks again Lokki for all your suggestions and tests on this feature.

lokki:
The oscillator section fine-tune and broad tune only work once a new note is played, changes while a note is sounding have no effect. Is this supposed to be that way? (Not strictly MPE related) for sound design it would be beneficial to have the change applied immediately.

Xavier:

Yes this is how it works.

lokki:
a thought on unison.

for the near future, if voices of a patch (MPE or regular poly) is smaller then the max voice count of preenfm3 (by a factor of at least two) you could add one unison voice theoretically, no?

so for example:

a 4 voice MPE synth sound could have 4*4 voices (4 unison voices per voice) to get the maximum of 16 voices.

-unison voices don't need their own fx path, they could be added together before any filter/fx. maybe that could boost the voice count a little?

a second idea is to have a unison "fake" module. i had pretty good results with a small delay line (around 50ms) and a couple of read-heads that simply start in different positions of the delay-buffer. if you then also modulate the read-speed a little you can get pretty good results (chorus)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version