PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

make preenfm more playable

(1/2) > >>

kei:
I really appreciate the preenfm deep way for editing through the encoders when building a patch.
But I face really hard times when using the synth during playing it. :o
Coming from analogue/modular synth hands-on editing  i always struggle with deep menus.
So i really wish i could map some the useable parameters per patch on the encoders. (e.g. decay / amplitude for two modulators operators)
Could that be possible? (lets say to be able to select which parameter is at the encoder in the editor, similar to the modulation mapping)

SirPrimalform:
It sort of already has this.

Look at the manual here (http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/synth-edit-mode/), press Ctrl-F and search for performance mode.

So you see that clicking an encoder gets you into performance mode. Each encoder controls a corresponding parameter, which acts as a modulation source to map in the matrix. So you can have your 4 favourite settings to tweak while playing, or even map a single encoder to several.

kei:
perfect!
thanks so much for info - exactly what i wanted!

now only if we could only have 4 more performance knobs with a "shift" or a button switch :)

solipsvs:
actually what is needed if you ask me is that the knob turn acceleration needs to be disabled in this mode, and there needs to be a shift key that allows you to manually accelerate the knob speed.  or something like that.  as is, the knobs are very slow and when you turn them with a little force, you get a value way past what you wanted...  makes this feature sorta useless.  you need a midi fader to properly tweak this thing when you play it.

solipsvs:
hi Xavier.  whet do you think about disabling the acceleration while in performance mode?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version