PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Another PreenFM2 born today

<< < (2/3) > >>

Xavier:

--- Quote from: Rob on June 30, 2014, 10:00:06 PM ---....It looks like it fits OK in the smallest sized piece of material; P1 - 181mm x 181mm....

--- End quote ---

??? The 6 pieces fits in a P1 material ? I'm afraid there's a scale problem.....  :-\
It should not fit in the smallest piece.

Xavier:

Top surface alone is around 160 x 100 mm.

Rob:
As predicted, I got an email from Ponoko to tell me that the P1 material is too small for the design.  They offered to fix the order by changing it to the P2 sized material.  It added US$11 to the total cost. Well, I expected it to be an adventure.

Edit: the total cost was $38 including shipping.  I will scrounge locally for hardware to assemble the case so no guess on that cost.

Rob:
While I wait for the case to arrive, I keep the circuit board hooked up in my studio so I can play with it for 1/2 hour each day.  I already have a Shruthi and some other pre-made synths but none of them suits me as well as the PreenFM2.  No disrespect to the Shruthi, it makes amazing sounds but I just don't play in a way that makes a mono synth that useful to me on a day to day basis.

The quality and variety of the sounds on tap in the PreenFM2 really impress me and the ability to play chord runs or melody over bass really compliments my playing style.  I am more of an organ player than a pianist so the polyphony lets me do my thing synth style.  Props again to Xavier for designing and sharing it with us.  I worked for years as a computer programmer but I don't think I could ever write a piece a software as cool as this!

Xavier:

Thanks a lot Rob for the nice words...  :D
I'm really glad your preenfm2 fits your style.

Xavier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version