PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Preenfm2 with Roli Seaboard

(1/2) > >>

minoki:
Hi,

i just received a Roli Seaboard MPE keyboard and i was wondering if anybody had experience with the last Preenfm firmware and the potential MPE functionnality.

lokki:
well yes me :-)

it is very simple on the preenfm:

if you enable global midi channel in the menu any message from this channel will be spread to all voices.

minoki:
Great! Thank you Lokki.

And what about the glide ? Does it work ? Any tips on wich parameters give interesting results on the Preenfm to assign them as CC messages on the seaboard ?

feijai:

--- Quote from: minoki on November 16, 2017, 03:39:10 PM ---i just received a Roli Seaboard MPE keyboard and i was wondering if anybody had experience with the last Preenfm firmware and the potential MPE functionnality.

--- End quote ---

The PreenFM2 cannot presently support MPE, and thus the full functionality of the Seaboard.   It would be a great idea to get MPE working on the PreenFM2.  However in order to do this, several things must be implemented:

* The PreenFM2 doesn't support RPN, which is critical to supporting MPE.  The reason for this is that RPN requires CC 100 and 101, and the PreenFM2 has assigned those two CCs for CC_ARP_PATTERN and CC_ARP_DIVISION.  These two must be reassigned to other CCs, leaving 100 and 101 free to do RPN.
  This will be a non backward compatible change.
* RPN (and NRPN) parsing needs to be implemented more properly than it is currently.  At present, the PreenFM2 cannot parse NRPN in a general form, and it can't parse RPN at all.
* The PreenFM2 would then need to handle MPE RPN commands to set up MIDI channels
* Finally, the PreenFM2 needs to handle per-voice MIDI assignment.  At present the PreenFM2 can assign different channels to different instruments, but not to different voices.

lokki:
the preenfm2 supports this at the moment:

four channels that can be set to any channel (via menu)
a dedicated channel that sends to all channels. (if enabled)
i think this should be "playable" with mpe controller, no? of course only 4 voices of polyphony and no configuration from the controller. (so no "full" implementation)

EDIT: there is a version of the firmware that has 8 monophonic voices on different channels. but it is not updated so it lacks the global midi channel. i will try to update it in the next days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version