Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
preenfm2 and preenfm3 / Re: Released an EP featuring a bunch of PreenFM2
« Last post by ericd on February 27, 2024, 11:19:50 AM »
I like this alot, listened on my train commute this morning. That disciplined use of a well-defined sound palette really appeals to me. Nice work!
preenfm2 and preenfm3 / Re: filtering USB +5V line
« Last post by matrix12x on February 26, 2024, 12:22:29 AM »
@Xavier  Exactly. Let me know if you want me to run before and after plots of the USB supply noise. I don't mind un-soldering and remeasuring.
preenfm2 and preenfm3 / Midi note panning
« Last post by wahsp on February 25, 2024, 09:31:13 PM »
Hi there!

I am having loads of fun with the PreenFM3. I just encountered an issue I cannot seem to figure out: When I use the midi note modulators to make panning track the keyboard (low notes left, high notes right), I cannot make it work correctly with just one midi note modulator. For example, when I have it set up as -Lin, 60, +Lin and then multiply Note 1 with Pan* in the matrix, then both low notes and high notes see to pan to the left.

I only get it to work correctly if I use two separate modulators in the matrix, like so:
Note 1: -Lin, 60, Flat
Note 2: Flat, 60 +Lin

Am I overlooking something?

EDIT: I just found that I only get the expected behaviour when I set Before and After to -Ln8 and +Ln8.
Nice to read its now fixed.

Without a jumper to set boot0 to GND the boot select in unpredictable.
I think a jumpter fell off, or you were lucky untill now to have it working all the time.
« Last post by Xavier on February 25, 2024, 05:09:45 PM »
Thanks for the update.
So here is the schema that fix the noise ?
Cool  :)
preenfm2 and preenfm3 / Re: Released an EP featuring a bunch of PreenFM2
« Last post by Xavier on February 25, 2024, 05:05:54 PM »
Yes !! Nice ! thanks for sharing.  8)
I think it's solved.

ahh, I'm wondering if a jumper fell off those pins. looking at the build docs, those 2 right most pins should have a jumper. My PCB does not have this legend on the silkscreen.

https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/wiki/build/pfm3_back.jpg

« Last post by matrix12x on February 23, 2024, 10:31:59 PM »
So while I had my PFM3 open for the booting issues I had, I decided to try out filtering the USB lines using the circuit from the link above.

it helps so much when operating from USB. The digital whine I would get when powering via USB is now inaudible. I'm very happy with this solution.

I probably should have measured the pre and post filter noise on my scope for completeness.

Of note, I was previously trying out a ferrite on the USB cable and it was not helpful for the USB induced noises I was hearing.
"first obvious thing would be to downgrade to the "official" firmware again and see if it works there"
I just tried putting P3_1.02 and have the same issue. (good point thought) I kind of figured it was not the VOSIM OS. I'm wondering what type of hardware issue might cause this.

"Can you enter the bootloader mode with pressing the Menu button on power up?"
Not on initial power up (I.e. plugging in the DC power). I have to hit the reset button first (and hold menu or whatever) to get to boot loader.

So if I plug in power and I don't hit the reset button the screen stays black and the red led next to the microprocessor never blinks. The blue led and yellow LED stay lit.

[edit] new datapoint, I went to do the DFU style boot loader update where you tie boot0 pins with vcc on back side of the main PCB. I jumpered the right most two boot0 pins and powered on by connecting the DC power... and now everything is working normally.....
To be clear, I did not update in DFU mode yet, just jumpered those 2 pins and plugged in power and it consistently boots fine. Super weird.
preenfm2 and preenfm3 / Re: How to save mixer setting as default
« Last post by Toltekradiation on February 23, 2024, 06:31:34 PM »
Save your mixer as the default mixer  ;)
Menu>Mixer>Defl>Save
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10