PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

FM3 freezing/ lock up glitch

(1/3) > >>

Groundloop:
I'm finding that I've I go to load a patch immediately after powering up and go to edit it, my fm3 freezes and locks up. It won't do anything until I unplug it and plug it back in.

If I turn on the unit and move around the menus a bit before loading a patch, it works fine.

Running firmware 1.0

Anyone else finding this?

Example- https://youtu.be/pPDYq-3euHk

Xavier:
I'll take a look at that asap. Thanks for the video.
Do you have the problem only when importing DX7 sysex patch ?

Groundloop:

--- Quote from: Xavier on June 06, 2023, 09:43:29 AM ---I'll take a look at that asap. Thanks for the video.
Do you have the problem only when importing DX7 sysex patch ?

--- End quote ---

Nope, it happens when loading any patch or mixer.

Power on -> Menu -> Preset -> Load -> Load Patch -> Edit = Freeze

Power on -> Menu -> Preset -> DX7 -> Load -> Edit = Freeze

Power on -> Menu -> Mixer -> Load -> Load Mixer -> Edit = Freeze

Groundloop:
Ok, I just reflashed the firmware 1.00 and now it freezes anytime I press "Edit" and is seemingly unusable...

It's been working fine for a week and now it's dead. I'm not really sure how. Really gutted.

Xavier:
Would be interesting to know if it works fine with previous official firmware 0.110 ?
It's possible that editing env with the previous beta make things unstable with 1.0.

1. Can you rename the "mix.dlf" on the SD card (mix2.dfl or something like that, it won't be read anymore)?
That's the default mixer that is loaded.
Rename and not delete in case you want to get it back.

2. You can copy mix.dlf from https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/releases/download/v0.105/pfm3_SD.zip
if you want to have some sounds loaded when you turn on your preenfm.

3. If that's not enough :
On Your SD Card : rename "pfm3/" into "pfm3_old/" and copy the content on your computer to make a backup.
Then put he "pfm3/" folder from the zip above.

4. An other idea (i've never seen) : corrupted firmware.
No worry, you can ALWAYS flash the firmware. From the pfm3 bootloader or directly with DFU mode.
But if that's the case, you should use an other SD card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version