PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Is it possible to increase number of timbres ? [Yes, firmware in this thread]

(1/4) > >>

chaocrator:
currently preenfm2 does 4-part multitimbrality.
so, the question: is it possible/difficult to increase number of timbres (regarding overall polyphony remains the same) ?

here's why: since i use preenfm2 mainly for rhythm section, i would like to increase multitimbrality for more percussive sounds, which are monophonic by their nature. i would love to do all drums/percussion on a single unit.

Xavier:
Keeping the same polyphony would be difficult as more timbre adds more FX processing (1 per timbre) as well as more mix processing and more memory usage.

But that sounds doable if your reduce the polyphony.
The combo file format would have to be enhanced.

Sounds like a good project for anyone who wants to dig into the code  ;)

lokki:
i'm interested in this actually, since i also only use monophonic sounds. i would like to see 8 monophonic timbres, doable?

maybe if we/you redo the combo file structure for preset saving of midi channel and offset this can be adressed as well, would be great!!!!

as always, i am up for it, but i will need some first guidance :-)

chaocrator:

--- Quote from: lokki on September 28, 2017, 10:34:01 PM ---i'm interested in this actually, since i also only use monophonic sounds. i would like to see 8 monophonic timbres, doable?

maybe if we/you redo the combo file structure for preset saving of midi channel and offset this can be adressed as well, would be great!!!!

as always, i am up for it, but i will need some first guidance :-)

--- End quote ---

even with reduced polyphony, the idea of 8-part multitimbrality sounds very attractive.
and absolutely sufficient for e.g. drums + bass.

unfortunately, i only could help with testing, but not with coding.

lokki:
yeah, the we was attributed to xavier :-) but testing will be very welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version