PreenFM > PreenFM1 (the blue one)

Firmware 2.0 wish list....

(1/4) > >>

Xavier:
Hi everyone,

I have some time to work on new features during the following week.
What do you think is missing in PreenFM ?
What would you like to see ?

Here is what is already coded :

. Something unexpected 2 weeks ago. Which is the reason why i call it 2.0 !
Polyphony is doubled !! Thanks Olivier (mutable-instruments guy) for the advices  :-)
  >> 4 voices for 6 operators algos .
  >> 6 voices for 4 ops algos.
  >> 8 voices for 3 ops algos.
  But  6 voices and 8 voices requires headroom for the summing so the signal/noise ratio is not very good per voice.

. enveveloppe attacks available in matrix destinations. (Nice when controlled by velocity).

. Peformance row under "engine" pages... Allow direct access to CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4 (control change matrix sources). For performance only, not saved with the patch.

. better new note algo... sounds much better with long release patches. No more obvious release cut.

Look nice already, no ?  ;)

Xavier

loderbast:
AWESOME!

thanks Xavier (and Olivier)!

rasmus:

--- Quote from: Xavier on August 02, 2012, 12:05:25 AM ---
Polyphony is doubled !! Thanks Olivier (mutable-instruments guy) for the advices  :-)
  >> 4 voices for 6 operators algos .
  >> 6 voices for 4 ops algos.
  >> 8 voices for 3 ops algos.
  But  6 voices and 8 voices requires headroom for the summing so the signal/noise ratio is not very good per voice.

--- End quote ---
This is what i've been dreaming of...
Sounds like my Yamaha TX81Z is finally going to the bay  :)

Now i just need a new more sturdy case, it's got several cracks already  :o

randy:
Xavier, I'm the guy who started the thread on the Mutable Instruments forum.  I was looking for some feedback on the PreenFM and it seems everyone over there is quite impressed with it.

Olivier is most certainly a special guy, very impressive and it is great that he was able to help you out.  I'm really looking forward to ordering a PreenFM when they are back in stock.

Randy

Xavier:
@loderbast : thanks  :D

@rasmus : keep you TX81z....
I have one and the sound is very different from the PreenFM.
The PreenFM is much much more flexible and the step sequencer, the gate, the midi clock sync (...) allow you to get some sounds the TX81z cannot dream of....
But the TX81z sound is more crystal clear when that's what you're after.
[EDITED] i've just scroll through the TX81z preset and it's not at all crystal clear... use FM8 if you want crystal clear FM sound  ;)

@randy : Hey.. thanks.... that was a usefull thread indead  ;)
Olivier gave me great optimization advices.... Seems like i've been programming in Java in my daily job for a much too long time.

Added in WIP firmware 2.0.B1 :

. Option to go directly to the patch selection in one of the bank when switching on the Preen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version