PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

PreenFM2 for sale built, working and cheap but with one issue.(SOLD)

<< < (2/2)

Ny-Lon Juice:

--- Quote from: clément on December 12, 2017, 11:32:12 AM ---Just for your information: there are pin headers on the PCB to chose how you want your PreenFM2 to be powered.
It's documented in the building manual, maybe that's not the issue but you may check about those jumpers if you feel like it because they give you the possibility to cut the power supply from one source or the other if I remember correctly.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info - Lokki has purchased it and it's being shipped today - hopefully he will read your post :)

lokki:
just as a follow up:

the voltage regulator (7805) was bogus, it only outputted 2.05 v and got very hot... replaced that and the preenfm is alive with wall wart! since this was a revC board i also did the oled modifications and added a shield to reduce the high frequency noise...

so now i have two preen fm's , nice!

merry christmas to everybody else as well :-)

Ny-Lon Juice:

--- Quote from: lokki on December 21, 2017, 02:56:29 PM ---just as a follow up:

the voltage regulator (7805) was bogus, it only outputted 2.05 v and got very hot... replaced that and the preenfm is alive with wall wart! since this was a revC board i also did the oled modifications and added a shield to reduce the high frequency noise...

so now i have two preen fm's , nice!

merry christmas to everybody else as well :-)

--- End quote ---

I haven't got a clue what it was or what you did as someone built it for me - did they build it wrong or was it a duff part (the voltage reg)? Anyway, I'm glad you're happy, merry Xmas! :)

lokki:
well the way it arrived the part (voltage regulator) was broken, it got hot and did output 2.05v instead of 5v. see this site, if you are interested: http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/build-it/thebuild/ (search for regulator).

well it could be that the part was broken from the beginning or that there was a wall wart with bad polarity inserted at one point, that made it break. i don't know. if it was like this from the beginning it would be a little strange since they should test this before sending the synth to you...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version