PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

[fixed in 0.95 ?] preenfm3 sd card error

(1/8) > >>

lokki:
hi xavier,

i flashed the firmware successfully.

unfortunately my LCD was a different kind of pcb, but still 2.8''. the holes for the sdcard-reader don't align. i bent some headers and soldered it, but maybe something is wrong...it is also possible the reader does not work on the PCB, it is a cheap chinese LCD. the screen itself works flawless.

now,
-when i boot up without an sdcard inserted i get a: SD CARD ERROR after which the preenfm3 boots successfully.
-when i insert a sdcard at boot up, the screen just stays black. if i then unplug the sdcard, the screen goes white
-when i insert a sdcard after boot up the screen goes black. when i remove it the screen goes white.

does that indicate anything?

if i would attach a separate sdcard reader module, i need the four connections and 3.3v and gnd?

Xavier:

Hi,

I just replied to the other thread to flash the firmware, glad you could flash it.

Can you let me know the exact TFT you have.
I didn't know some of them have different SD pins.
What are the 4 SD pins label on the TFT ?
Maybe some of them does not correspond to what the preenfm3 expect.

lokki:
sorry, yes i realised the "x" thing after a while as well, had no time to post it yet.

this is the link to the display:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001135326039.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dP0cOvE

the sd pins seem to align, no?

is there anything more verbose in regard to the sdcard that i could try?

Xavier:
It's difficult to get any info from the SD card other than it does no work.

--- Quote from: lokki on October 18, 2020, 09:37:54 AM ----when i boot up without an sdcard inserted i get a: SD CARD ERROR after which the preenfm3 boots successfully.

--- End quote ---

OK that's expected.

--- Quote from: lokki on October 18, 2020, 09:37:54 AM ----when i insert a sdcard at boot up, the screen just stays black. if i then unplug the sdcard, the screen goes white

--- End quote ---

Seems like it stays locked while trying to initialize the SD driver (or read from the card).
Does your SD card contain the /pfm3/ folder ?

If yes can you try to reformat it (fat32) and copy the /pfm3/ folder again on it.

lokki:
it seems i am missing some fundamental stuff :-)  8)

will copy the folder to the sdcard (did not know i had to do that) the wiki does not mention it, no?
i guess i have to look at the zip file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version